This morning I was happy to stumble upon an Android article that addresses the Android ... Android News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Android takes a serious shot at stemming platform fragmentation

This morning I was happy to stumble upon an Android article that addresses the Android Fragmentation.
    I've often posted how it's an issue for everyone and it's very difficult to rain in once it takes off.

RIM is probably the worst by far but Android devices have been the next likely to fall victim to their own progress.
    Until today that is when Engadget posted an interesting article which is listed as an Exclusive. Fragmentation is an interesting thing and it's not really any one companies fault.
    How many devices currently run Android? How many different Android OS's are available? How many different Carriers have their own flavor of Android OS? These all create unique issues.

Hope over to Engadget for what they are saying may address all these concerns.
    Last edited by srl7741; 03-29-2010 at 03:57 PM.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    I've been saying this for the longest time. They needed to have one version of the software for all devices so that people arent left behind in the rat race as far as applications are concerned.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Microsoft is finally doing this with the upcoming Windows Mobile 7 Series and it's a good thing. It will make things so much easier for developers when creating Apps.

wsarah no está en línea Stack level 1
    Oh, finally fragmentation ... I've been waiting for this news.