via AndroidOS.In : "As we await the launch of Verizon Moto Droid on Oct 28, ... Android News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Android Powered Motorola Zeppelin Spotted

Advertisement

via AndroidOS.In: "As we await the launch of Verizon Moto Droid on Oct 28, we have yet another Motorola Android phone, which needs considerable attention.

It was spotted by Digi.QQ.com, a chinese tech website. According to the website, it is world's first Android powered dual network (GSM/CDMA) phone.

Known specs:
    • Support for HSPA (HSDPA / HSUPA)
    • Wi-Fi 802.11b / g
    • FM-radio
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth
    • 5 MP cam
    • Full Touch Screen
    • 3.1 inches HVGA with 320×480 Pixel resolution
    • HDMI output"

Full article here.
    Note that the above link for QQ is through Google Translator.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    OH MY! hdmi output? Woooooot!!/ FM radio? Woooooot! 5MP Camera? Woooot !!!!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Ya know; I need to vent something out a little. "For those who don't get where am coming from i will explain"
    What the point of spending money on putting HDMI capability on a smartphone when it only has a sorry 320 × 480 pixel.
    What a waste. These device manufactures needs to start showing that we are really moving forward in technology. So far am not
    impressed with the res and screen tech they are putting on these phones. Start moving towards the OLED screens or 1920 x 1080 pixels. better yet, 3D. till then quit putting HDMI on phones; some folks don't even know what that is.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

PIN/ID
    Ask
    NVIDIA's Tegra chips can allow for a true HD video output, so even if the device's display isn't top notch, it can potentially output better. Not sure if this will sport that chip, but playing devil's advocate.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I guess I was thinking the HDMI was more for broadcasting to something like a larger screen or even TV allowing you to view content on the phone but at a high resolution. HDMI carries both Audio and Video which is nice.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I guess I was thinking the HDMI was more for broadcasting to something like a larger screen or even TV allowing you to view content on the phone but at a high resolution. HDMI carries both Audio and Video which is nice.
    that's what i thought it was for.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

why spend all this money and efforts putting HDMI on your phone to push images to your tv, when 60% of the users wont do it; 10% will but for about a few months or when they feel like it; and 30% of the folks that get this phone don't even know what HDMI is nor how much the cable cost. My gripe is that, spend the money on things that counts and things that we want to have and do on these devices. i.e faster data processing, better resolution, more ram/rom, better video streaming. If the phone don't have that then the
    HDMI is pointless. Majority of us barely watch videos on your phone; let alone trying to play it on our tv.

Think about this;
    How many times a month do your friends come to you and show a video they downloaded on there phone?
    How many video do you currently have on your phone and you show to other people?
    How many of you are able to download a video that is more than 2MB from and email you got pushed to your phone?

I just what to see a better use of technology on phones; i.e noise canceling hardware on the phone and not only headsets.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    why spend all this money and efforts putting HDMI on your phone to push images to your tv, when 60% of the users wont do it; 10% will but for about a few months or when they feel like it; and 30% of the folks that get this phone don't even know what HDMI is nor how much the cable cost. My gripe is that, spend the money on things that counts and things that we want to have and do on these devices. i.e faster data processing, better resolution, more ram/rom, better video streaming. If the phone don't have that then the
    HDMI is pointless. Majority of us barely watch videos on your phone; let alone trying to play it on our tv.

Think about this;
    How many times a month do your friends come to you and show a video they downloaded on there phone?
    How many video do you currently have on your phone and you show to other people?
    How many of you are able to download a video that is more than 2MB from and email you got pushed to your phone?

I just what to see a better use of technology on phones; i.e noise canceling hardware on the phone and not only headsets.
    I agree that there are a lot of features I would use more, but devices like this are being designed I believe to be mobile multimedia experiences along with cellular capabilities. I could see a business user carrying documents for a presentation on their device using that HDMI output. A lot easier then carrying around a laptop since your phone is always with you.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    I agree that there are a lot of features I would use more, but devices like this are being designed I believe to be mobile multimedia experiences along with cellular capabilities. I could see a business user carrying documents for a presentation on their device using that HDMI output. A lot easier then carrying around a laptop since your phone is always with you.
    I can see where your coming from. but the only Projectors with HDMI inputs runs minimum 3K to 5K.