In the mobile OS world, Google’s Android is still a challenger but with the amount ... Android News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Android Market Now Over 10,000 Apps

Advertisement

In the mobile OS world, Google’s Android is still a challenger but with the amount of devices that will be running the system that are due to come out in the coming months alone in combination with its open approach it is definitely a contestant to watch closely. The success of Apple’s App Store for the iPhone / iPod Touch is often measured by how many apps have already been developed for the platform (around 70,000), but since Google doesn’t disclose exactly how many apps are available through Android Market it was difficult to compare the two on that particular level.

more from MobileCrunch

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    This means I have many more apps to dl...I'm sitting at well over 100+ now and love the Android Market <<<<<< majority free apps.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC59) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Looking through the apps, it seems like android's app market will soon be filled with just as many useless apps labeled as "entertainment" as iPhone's app store has. It will grow to be as big and be just as hard to find things that are actually useful. But at least there are plenty to choose from, unlike the palm pre app catalog which is pitifully small.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Man, I have to start digging through the market and downloading some.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I just got my new phone today and have started downloading the free apps I like. There are sooo many to browse through...I've lost a few hours doing it and enjoyed checking out the choices.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Nice, what color did you get? How is it compared to your Storm?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Nice, what color did you get? How is it compared to your Storm?
    Merlot. My Storm was getting sluggish, pausing during the middle of typing and it was seriously irritating me. This phone is such a nice change in a lot of ways. Granted, there are a couple of things that it doesn't have, but I can deal with that as long as the phone operates like it should. Plus, I will be saving money now that I've switched back to TMO. I'm very happy with my purchase.