Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

There was an interesting article in the New York Times this week that gives a ... Apple iPhone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Why AT&T Wants to Keep the iPhone away from Verizon

Advertisement

There was an interesting article in the New York Times this week that gives a good look at just what's at stake for AT&T, Verizon, and Apple in the battle over who carries the iPhone.

"AT&T’s earnings report on Wednesday highlights the enormous stakes involved in the renewal of its exclusive contract to distribute Apple’s iPhone in the United States.

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal last week, Ivan Seidenberg, Verizon’s chief executive, said the company was more likely to get access to the iPhone in the coming years as it converts to a fourth-generation technology, called L.T.E., which will also be used by AT&T. The two companies now use incompatible technology, and Apple has not wanted to make multiple versions of the iPhone.

AT&T is paying Apple an unusually high subsidy on top of the $199 and $299 paid by iPhone buyers. But it appears to be getting quite a return on that investment. In the first quarter, AT&T credited the iPhone for helping increase its wireless operating profit margin to 26 percent from 25 percent a year ago.

The company activated 1.6 million iPhones on its network in the quarter. And more than 640,000 of those customers were new to AT&T’s network. That represents three-quarters of the net addition of 875,000 new postpaid consumer accounts in the quarter. (AT&T added 325,000 more net business and prepaid wireless accounts in the quarter.)"

[Read More]

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Wow! Interesting article. There's "gold" in them thar "iHills" - especially for Apple.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    What do I do? Stick with AT&T or move onto another carrier? I wanna see what the next iphone will bring. If I passed on the bold and the 8900 for Tmobile I think I can hold out a bit longer . C'mon AT&T release that thing already along with 3.0 to please those poor souls with the 3G version
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    I'm stickin to my berry lol
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm back with a berry and not looking back.......bye bye iphone.....
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

Jazzyl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521CB60
    I was comteplating upgrading to an iphone now but let me wait a see what the new storm an the new iphone can offer me but for me now I think I will stick to my berry!!

I can't figure it out but I'm not even tempted by the iPhone. I have friends who try to show me theirs and it's all I can do to tell them I'm not impressed without being rude. I just don't care!

I'm sure part of it is that it's an AT&T product and they (AT&T suck almost as bad as T-Mobile around here. It's really not an option for me so why bother. I'd rather have the 8900 anyway but I'm so happy with my 8330 that I just keep trying new software and grinning.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have a friend in the area with the new iPhone and he said the service is not great, too many dropped calls. I would want one as a back-up phone if I could afford 2 smartphone plans and if it came to another carrier other than AT&T.

Just the variety of apps would be fun to play with and try. And the big screen and better browser would be nice. For now I do <3 my 8330. But the iPhone does tempt me in some ways.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I could go for a little bigger screen but I don't want a bigger phone to get it. Part of the appeal of the8900 is its thin profile. (Actually, I'm still in love with the size of the Pearl - )

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm a PC!
    I have NO iPhone!
    I have a Storm!

iLoveIt
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Just wondering how many of those claimed as new customers are still with them, I can tell you all at least they have lost 5 (I know those 5) not sure about the others 640995 lol
    My brother got the new one and has been replaced 3 times already

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    Sounds to me Apple wins either way they swing; weather it be with the company I'm proud to be a part of, (ATT) or the company i left for ATT ( Verizon) ...

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwaine12 View Post
    Sounds to me Apple wins either way they swing; weather it be with the company I'm proud to be a part of, (ATT) or the company i left for ATT ( Verizon) ...
    Exactly Apple can just sit back and relax while these two companies can fight for iPhone rights

Lowercase no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30D51B0D
    I don't understand, why would you have the iphone when you can get an itouch. Everything you want, minus the commitment and service fees. Snag one of those, but leave the berry? Sir, I have one question for you..

"Are you friggin' crazy?"

Berry for life, with a handy dandy counterpart.. the itouch. What more could you want??

(Other than some new and actually released CDMA berries, come on niagara!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lowercase View Post
    .......... What more could you want??

(Other than some new and actually released CDMA berries, come on niagara!)
    ...or an 89xx of some sort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast