The iPhone can teach its users how to perform CPR, mix a White Russian and ... Apple iPhone News forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Unofficial Software Incurs Apple’s Wrath

Advertisement

The iPhone can teach its users how to perform CPR, mix a White Russian and allow them identify any song playing on the radio.

But for some owners of the Apple touch-screen device, the 35,000-plus applications lining the digital shelves of Apple’s App Store are not enough. If you want to use your iPhone as a video camera, send a photo message or hook it up to your laptop to connect to the Internet, there’s no app for that.
    Or at least, no official app.
    (read more...)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Apple better get used to it IMO. There's a world of "smartphone user/modifiers" out there and they're not going to sit still with a phone they can't tailor, to some degree, to their own tastes and needs.

I thought this is an interesting reaction from Apple to what's obviously going on...and probably going to continue.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Unless Apple starts including the (No brainer) options like C&P, MMS, Tethering, Video, etc there will always be a need for this type of thing. I can understand both sides and love it. I see it as pushing the envelope and helping us get what should have always been included sooner rather than years later.

Ashhan no está en línea Stack level 1
    I agree with srl7741. Jailbreaking is a tool that is very much needed at the moment. I'd do the same if I paid good money for the iPhone and realized it wouldn't do things like record a video. That's such a basic function at this point that even regular cell phones do it. Apple really needs to let this one go. Users should be able to customize their own phone. They paid for it!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    its like communism... apple wants to be a communist... in some ways, rim is the same, but apple is much worse... (just my opinion ofcourse)...
    i see RED...

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I guess that's why Apple doesn't fall far from its own tree
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    one more reason to keep my hands away of the iphone.....
    i want my phone to be doing whatever i want or need of it...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    its like communism... apple wants to be a communist... in some ways, rim is the same, but apple is much worse... (just my opinion ofcourse)...
    +1 those commy bastards dont want me to "think different" although thats what they always used to ramble on about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oAB83Z1ydE

RIGHT!!! now that they are they status quoe they want me to think like them? thats not how progress is made!
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

berrybee5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20EE520A
    Thanks for the read... rather interesting.

hawkins no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    It seems like if you buy a device and and you try to improve it they say that the device is really theirs, but if you buy it and it breaks it's all yours.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Yet another reason as to why I love my BlackBerry...

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    For me too! I love my bb even more as I realize I'm able to do what I want! So what is not .2 seconds faster than safari! Big deal!!
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.127 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106