Meet the new iPhone3Gs (S = Speed) Meet the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet. iPhone ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

AT&T to Offer iPhone 3G S on June 19

Advertisement

Meet the new iPhone3Gs (S = Speed)

Meet the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet. iPhone 3G S features video recording, Voice Control, up to 32GB of storage, and more.

The Fastest iPhone Ever
    The first thing you’ll notice about iPhone 3G S is how quickly you can launch applications. Web pages render in a fraction of the time, and you can view email attachments faster. Improved performance and updated 3D graphics deliver an incredible gaming experience, too. In fact, everything you do on iPhone 3G S is up to 2x faster and more responsive than iPhone 3G.

Now you can shoot video, edit it, and share it — all on your iPhone 3G S. Shoot high-quality VGA video in portrait or landscape. Trim your footage by adjusting start and end points. Then share your video in an email, post it to your MobileMe gallery, publish it on YouTube, or sync it back to your Mac or PC using iTunes.

The new 3-megapixel camera takes great still photos, too, thanks to built-in autofocus and a handy new feature that lets you tap the display to focus on anything (or anyone) you want.

Voice Control recognizes the names in your Contacts and knows the music on your iPod. So if you want to place a call or play a song, all you have to do is ask.

Want more room to type on the intelligent software keyboard? Rotate iPhone to landscape to use a larger keyboard in Mail, Messages, Notes, and Safari.

Surf the web from practically anywhere. Now you can share the 3G connection on your iPhone with your Mac notebook or PC laptop.

Link

Additional information from AT&T

AT&T* today announced it will offer Apple iPhone 3G S, the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet, in its retail and online stores beginning June 19. In addition, the company today will begin selling iPhone 3G starting at $99 for new and qualifying subscribers. AT&T offers the nation's fastest 3G network and the best worldwide coverage of any U.S. carrier.**

"iPhone 3G S is the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet, and we're extremely proud to offer it to our customers on the nation's fastest 3G network," said Ralph de la Vega, president and CEO, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. "We're also pleased to offer these innovative phones and plans at incredible values, including free Wi-Fi access at nearly 20,000 hot spots."

Based on independent market research, twice as many smartphone users have chosen AT&T over any other U.S. carrier. "I expect this great new iPhone 3G S and a $99 iPhone 3G on our mobile broadband network will spur even more smartphone customers to choose AT&T," said de la Vega.

PRICING

AT&T will offer iPhone 3G S and iPhone 3G at a variety of attractive prices:
    • iPhone 3G S will cost $199 (16GB) and $299 (32GB) for new and qualifying customers.
    • iPhone 3G will cost $99 (8GB) for new and qualifying customers.
    • The 16 GB iPhone 3G will be available for $149 while supplies last.
    Prices above require a 2-year service commitment and approved voice and data plan. Options are available to purchase these phones without a 2-year contract commitment.

PREORDERING
    Customers may preorder iPhone 3G S beginning at approximately 5 p.m. ET today at in AT&T's more than 2,200 company-owned retail locations or later this evening at www.att.com/iphone. All preorders will be processed on a "first come, first served" basis beginning June 19. Customers who preorder online will have iPhone 3G S delivered directly to their home or office; customers who preorder in a store can pick theirs up at the same store on or after June 19. Stores will open early at 7 a.m. on June 19 exclusively for customers who have preordered.

Read entire Press Release here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 06-08-2009 at 06:06 PM.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well, at least now we know when the new iphone and the 3.0 update (17th) are hitting the streets. Now...............we wait
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Nice update. Looking forward to see what else is in store.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Currently it's looking like I will purchase the 3Gs and retire my 3G but first I want to see how my current 3G handles the new OS update. I'm just not sure yet?
    I suppose I could also barter the 3G for a new pre also? I'm never switching to Sprint but would like to play with the Pre for awhile.

Decisions......... (sigh......)

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    If and when I ever upgrade to the 3Gs (http://www.tuaw.com/2009/06/08/iphon...-upgrade-woes/) I plan on keeping my current 3G as a back up.

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hmm sounds good. Wonderful news however. Don't think its enough to break me up from my bold.lol
    Love this phone. Iphone sounds good. Wouldn't mind messing with it for a bit.

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489
    Wow so much for the pre stealing Iphone users huh. Poor pre if the keyboard was constructed better I'd be typing on it right now. But as a BB user since the big brick sized side scroll wheel BB's I can't let it go for the pre.

hut55 no está en línea Stack level 1

This Sux

I just purchased a 3G 8gb a month and a half ago for $199... Now they are telling me I could have bought a phone with twice the memory and twice the speed for the same price if I would have waited 2 months!!! Seems like everytime I try a new cell carrier, I get screwed 1 way or the other... I'M REALLY STARTING TO MISS MY BB 8330!
    Last edited by hut55; 06-09-2009 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Add

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Oh wow! No need to jailbreak the darn thing to enjoy it to the max this time around. I wonder if Onyx or Magnum will make their appearance now that apple's made the first move. Hmmm...Magnum..magnum...magnum! I'm due for an upgrade either way, I'll just have to keep my options open I guess

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    I love my 3G and I can't wait to try the new OS on it. I wouldn't use most of the new features although video recording would be handy, but not enough to justify the price over my current 3G.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    So far from reading over different opinions, those who have the current 3G are pleased with the new OS and it's features. They are reporting things are running smooth and switching between Apps is better.