From TechCrunch: When was the last time you read your AT&T contract? If you answered ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

AT&T Changes Contract to prevent Class Action Lawsuits

Advertisement

From TechCrunch: When was the last time you read your AT&T contract? If you answered “never,” then may I suggest you take two minutes to look this over. That’s right, unbeknownst to you, you just lost the ability to enter into a class action lawsuit against the mobile phone carrier. High five!

Right, so the language in question is:
    Any arbitration under this Agreement will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted.
    In other words, thanks to the new wording of the AT&T contract, if you feel like entering into a class action lawsuit against AT&T, well, you can’t. It’s all there in black and white.

Read More

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    LOL..... Thats all you can do is LOL......
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

jamie_2692 no está en línea Stack level 1
    These guys can put whatever they want into their contracts, doesn't mean it will hold up. They could put in that you agree to surrender your first-born child after 3 months of service but a court is not going to hold that up. I am sure someone will figure a way around it.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think if there is some sort of gross neglect on AT&T's part, this wouldn't hold up. Similar to some of the non-compete agreements out there. If I get fired and a competitor picks me up, I have a right to earn a living. Those kinds of blanket clauses are flawed from the start.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

dirtypirate no está en línea Stack level 2
    Its a week "we said so" tactic that a good lawyer will get around.
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Out of curiosity, has anyone actually read the terms of their agreement? I would be willing to bet you could find similar terms in most carrier contracts. I'm not trying to defend AT&T here because I feel these terms are ridiculous, but I rather enjoy playing devil's advocate.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Smile

Just one more reason why I am with tmo, other reason is that they give me unlimited data messages and voice calls for only 75$, YAY Loyalty PLAN!!!!!!! :-D
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Out of curiosity, has anyone actually read the terms of their agreement? I would be willing to bet you could find similar terms in most carrier contracts. I'm not trying to defend AT&T here because I feel these terms are ridiculous, but I rather enjoy playing devil's advocate.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    I got into a debate with another stacker about a year ago about the contents of the actual contracts between verizon tmo and att it was enlightening what we found in them
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

steve2039 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30760CA8
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin View Post
    Just one more reason why I am with tmo, other reason is that they give me unlimited data messages and voice calls for only 75$, YAY Loyalty PLAN!!!!!!! :-D

thats not bad...i get almost that with verizon....gotta love the friends and family (myfaves for tmo) and a nice loophole...