We know many of our iPhone customers are eager for an update on our rollout ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

AT&T Announces iPhone MMS Launch Date: September 25

Advertisement

We know many of our iPhone customers are eager for an update on our rollout schedule for Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS). We’ve been working for the past several months to prepare our systems and network to ensure the best possible experience with MMS when it launches – and that launch date is: September 25 for iPhone 3G and 3GS customers. MMS will be enabled through a software update on that day.
    We know that iPhone users will embrace MMS. The unique capabilities and high usage of the iPhone’s multimedia capabilities required us to work on our network MMS architecture to carry the expected record volumes of MMS traffic and ensure an excellent experience from Day One. We appreciate your patience as we work toward that end.
    We’re riding the leading edge of smartphone growth that’s resulted in an explosion of traffic over the AT&T network. Wireless use on our network has grown an average of 350 percent year-over-year for the past two years, and is projected to continue at a rapid pace in 2009 and beyond. The volume of smartphone data traffic the AT&T network is handling is unmatched in the wireless industry. We want you to know that we’re working relentlessly to innovate and invest in our network to anticipate this growth in usage and to stay ahead of the anticipated growth in data demand, new devices and applications for years to come.
    We thank you for your business and look forward to keeping you updated on our initiatives.

AT&T Press Release

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    GEEZ!The 25th?? Well, at least now we have date

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!
    But.. will they come through on that date.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Drift - I think so! something tells me it will be 'on that date' exactly

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!
    well.. any case though.. I dont use MMS nor do I use an iphone.. Although I do have an iphone, but I gave it to my wife. And its on TMO and MMS works on it fine with 3.01

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    we are going to crash the AT&T network on the first day, I will be firing off sooooo many MMS's to make up for all the emails they have made me send to deliver pictures. Everyone will be doing the same just to test it out, no doubt.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Garlandsjr no está en línea Stack level 1
    why would you reply if your not even using it on the ATT nework... lol They have some funny people in these forums!

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    DriftorX - is that a SW20 or an AW11 in your avatar.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's certainly nice to see MMS make it to the iPhone. I still won't use it and now it should be interesting to see what the next big Monkey for AT&T will be.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I for one am looking forward to the mms release. That's a feature that really comes in handy.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

dirtypirate no está en línea Stack level 2
    Its about damn time!
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlandsjr View Post
    why would you reply if your not even using it on the ATT nework... lol They have some funny people in these forums!
    I do not use an iPhone and I do not have ATT, but I do keep up on news for all the carriers and devices, so I am just as interested in this as those with iPhones. I am curious if their network will have any major problems the first day with people who normally don't use MMS doing so just to try it out. When BBM 5.0 was leaked when bombarded RIM's servers for days.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.286 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100