A variety of iPhone users are are reporting that new MMS features have been enabled ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

AT&T activating MMS features early for some iPhone users

Advertisement

A variety of iPhone users are are reporting that new MMS features have been enabled on their handsets in advance of AT&T's official start date of September 25.

Apple added new MMS support to iPhone 3.0 to allow users to send pictures, video and audio recordings, contacts, or locations from Maps via 3G-capable iPhones. However, use of the new feature requires operator support.

AT&T, apparently afraid that millions of new iPhone 3.0 users would completely ransack its existing MMS service, reportedly decided to put opt-out service codes on all of its iPhone users' accounts until the company could beef up its network to accommodate the new demand.

In announcing its plans to enable the feature for iPhone users, AT&T explained, "It was important to give our customers a positive experience from day one. We support more iPhone customers than any other carrier in the world so we took the time necessary to make sure our network is ready to handle what we expect will be a record volume of MMS traffic. We truly appreciate our customers’ patience and hope they'll understand our desire to get it right from the start."

Rather than turning on MMS service for millions of American iPhone users all at once, AT&T has been selectively activating users across the country. Once activated, iPhone 3G and 3GS users should see a new "Cellular Data Network" menu item within the General/Network page of the Settings app and a new camera icon within the Messages app for sending photos.

More From AppleInsider:

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    its a good thing ive had this for a few months, lol.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    For those who DON'T have it and wanna play around more here is a good Tudor on how to:

Link: Both PC and Mac

dirtypirate no está en línea Stack level 2
    Awesome!!
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    i must be dumb....cuz i followed step by step and when I get to Browe to the IPCC file I can't seem to locate the file....

I downloaded the ZIP file...extracted it to a folder on my Desktop....Click SHIFT and UPDATE....get Browse window...locate folder but which file am I selecting....can't file the IPCC
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Windows Machine? I think you have to enable "view all file types" or "show hidden file types" in folder options? I know on a Mac you have to follow the terminal command in order to see the file.

Windows:
    Go to Start -> Run (
    type in "command" and hit enter
    Type/copy+paste this into the command console that comes up: "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    Hit enter

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Ok...got it installed...but I still can't receive them...I get the LINK still...and when I try and send a PIX that I took with my iPhone it fails to send....BUT I DO HAVE THE MMS OPTION....LOL
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    my wife has the same problem with the mms anytime she'll try to send a pic to my fone it would fail to but n my phone it did recive. just in her fone it shows the it fails but it actually works but you see she has a 2g iphone