blog.wired.com : AUSTIN, Texas -- Legions of iPhone-toting conference-goers are grumbling about spotty or nonexistent ... Apple iPhone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

SXSW: AT&T's Spotty Service Frustrates iPhone Users

Advertisement

blog.wired.com: AUSTIN, Texas -- Legions of iPhone-toting conference-goers are grumbling about spotty or nonexistent service from AT&T at the South by Southwest conference this weekend.

Attendees hoping to hook up with friends, find the next party or access Twitter to announce their location are encountering dropped calls, unavailable service or molasses-slow web access from the mobile service provider.

Tens of thousands of conference-goers in town for the interactive and film segments of the annual festival have put a noticeable strain on both AT&T's 3G and Edge networks.

Update: Mark Siegel, a spokesman for AT&T's wireless business, told Wired.com on Sunday that the carrier is "very sorry" if anyone experienced any difficulty using its service at SXSW, and said the company is seeking a solution.

"Wireless service depends on a number of issues," Siegel said, "including proximity to cellular sites, the number of people contending for resources in a given area, the strength of the signal in the area and a number of other factors."

[read more]

baker954 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The thing is, this isn't something that's already well-known.

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    haha...i ditched them back when they were Cellular One

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    omg I was in Austin yesterday and I could not get any data service to save my life, I phucking hate that place. 5 bars on but no data service, I actually had some little circle pop up where my Edge or 3G was supposed to be.

Austin is the blackhole of TX.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    im in northern california and have been experiencing horrible reception the last two days .. so its not just texas

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Oh believe me everywhere except Austin I get beautiful reception, even out in the boondocks I still manage to pull one bar and get data services. I didn't recover any data service until I was five miles out of town, it went to edge and the further I got away from there, the better my reception got. I just really hate that town, if ur not getting drunk on sixth street that city is a dump. LOL end rant
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~