It has been reported by AppleInsider that SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone should be hitting AppWorld ... Apple iPhone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone About to Hit the AppStore...but W/O 3G

Advertisement

It has been reported by AppleInsider that SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone should be hitting AppWorld within the next 24 hours. It has been awaiting approval for the AppStore for about 6 weeks. There is speculation that AT&T may have been a reason it was held up, them not wanting all the extra 3G data traffic that this could use. It is being released to work over wifi only. Some are saying that the $29.99 price tag is too much for an app that won't work over the 3G network. What do you think.

Check out a video demo:

[Read] [Read More]
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Bummed

Sling is being greedy, they won't sell any new hardware by charging $30 for a streamer that should be free. They won't make any money off existing customers with only wifi. How many ppl have a constant reliable WiFi connection away from home all the time. 3G maybe but WiFi, never.
    For all the phones that AT&T doesn't have an exclusive on, they allow Slingplayer. For the one phone they do they block it on 3G.
    One of the many things I do not care to see from AT&T. It's bad business in my opinion.

I'm bummed about this one. I was really looking forward to this also.

I wonder how Hulu will turn out?
    Last edited by srl7741; 05-12-2009 at 10:49 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    IntoMobile posted this morning about AT&T's official statement about the dumping of the 3G capability of SlingPlayer Mobile.

Check it out here
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's out and I can't wait to hear how it works. I'm looking forward to the future of Apps like this. Hope the price goes down also.