From CNN Money : In what Software Advice admits was not a “super-scientific” survey, they ... Apple iPhone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Six out of 10 Doctors prefer iPhones, while Health Admins love BlackBerries

Advertisement

From CNN Money: In what Software Advice admits was not a “super-scientific” survey, they e-mailed a questionnaire to 700 healthcare professionals and processed 71 replies. The results, released on Tuesday, show an interesting mix of preferences that vary according to job description.

Doctors, nurses and and students showed a strong preference for the Apple iPhone. IT professionals, who seem to have sampled a wider range of devices, also preferred the iPhone, but not as strongly. Health administrators — at least the ones who replied to the survey — were unanimous in their preference for Research in Motion’s BlackBerry. The Palm Pre was a strong second among students.

Read More

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    71 people? we could get a much better poll on here.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I could easily see Android or iPhone apps doing the image viewing some of the doctors mentioned as a desired feature. Thing is, most of the features they want could be done if a developer wanted to really spend the time coding it. By the way, love the last line, "a quick Google search reveals that six out of 10 doctors also recommend the wrong treatment for infants with milk allergies, don’t understand how private health plans work and smoke Camel cigarettes — or at least they used to."
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I wonder if the "Not Satisfied" section of Blackberry (second chart) reflects the portion of users who were not given a choice in a phone? That can have a negative effect.

In the first chart it's no surprise seeing the Admin at 100%. Physicians is a little surprising I would have thought the Blackberry was the preferred device still.

PIN/ID
    ask
    A little more scientific:
    http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...spx?ID=2009082
    http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=212501959

It didn't come from me ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hmm..Second article is interesting. I'm wondering how they chose who to poll and how many were business professionals vs. the average consumer.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Hmm..Second article is interesting. I'm wondering how they chose who to poll and how many were business professionals vs. the average consumer.
    Yes sure is. They accept inquires but not sure if/when they would respond. I've seen a lot of stuff from them so haven't looked much into it.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    @hayden, I didn't understand your disclaimer till I read and saw the other results.

PIN/ID
    ask
    back @srl haha. what results? I don't think my 8900 was included in those polls

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have a Dr friend who is a PS member, she was a BB addict, then got an iPhone, then a couple more BBs(Storm and Jav) but still switched frequently, and now the 3GS....she occasionally uses her BBs....but uses the iPhone more and more....her BBM status always says "iPhone today"...I'll have to ask her what device rules at her hospital.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Yeah my 8900 is still the rocking device i saw in the ads! I love it!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I don't about you ladies and gents; but am a little tired of these polls on who likes what phone more. I seen several different polls and they all contradict each other. I pretty much don't give a dam if Iphone is loved more, blackberry is loved more, or the Android is loved more. As longs as the device do what "you" want it to do when "you" need it to do something; who the hell cares.
    If the docs love the iphone more; i don't give a dam. As long as he or she don't turn to their iphone app to diagnose what I came to see them for. Cause as you know, they have an app for everything.....
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I don't about you ladies and gents; but am a little tired of these polls on who likes what phone more. I seen several different polls and they all contradict each other. I pretty much don't give a dam if Iphone is loved more, blackberry is loved more, or the Android is loved more. As longs as the device do what "you" want it to do when "you" need it to do something; who the hell cares.
    If the docs love the iphone more; i don't give a dam. As long as he or she don't turn to their iphone app to diagnose what I came to see them for. Cause as you know, they have an app for everything.....
    Yup because at the end of the day no matter the polls. They are ALL smartphones.