Dan Frommer reports: Here’s two potential scenarios we’ve heard. Treat these as anecdotal rumors for ... Apple iPhone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Rumors Regarding Background App Support in iPhone 3.0

Advertisement

Dan Frommer reports:
    Here’s two potential scenarios we’ve heard. Treat these as anecdotal rumors for now, as we don’t know how realistic they are.

• Apple might allow users to select two apps that can run in the background.
    • Apple might selectively allow some apps to run in the background. We assume that developers could apply for permission to run in the background, and that Apple might approve or deny them based on the resources they need and how well they behave with the operating system’s stability.
    Read More

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hahahaha!!!!
    MAYBE two background apps? Seriously? How are idiot iPhone users going to pick which two apps get to run in the background? Ah this is too funny.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Being Apple that would make sense. They love quality control and this would prevent Apps from creating memory leaks among other things that would hurt the phones performance.

I am an advocate of quality control, especially if it costs money.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Good point srl. 2 apps would be a big improvement from none. Also, as you said will not take a big hit on stability and performance. Plus, many will hack it anyway. So at least the novice users will keep out of a messy running smartphone and the pros will be able to tamper away to a more productive one.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, I only really need 2 apps running in background at all to be content. Pandora, since I want to listen while I browse the web and such... and maybe AIM so I can keep in open in the background, but still be logged in and get messages. If everybody had AIM going all the time then there'd be no use for expensive text plans ever.