arstechnica.com : Sources speaking to Ars have discovered evidence of new voice control features coming ... Apple iPhone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

RUMOR: iPhone OS 3.0 to feature voice control and feedback

Advertisement

arstechnica.com: Sources speaking to Ars have discovered evidence of new voice control features coming to iPhone OS 3.0. Apparently going by the code name "Jibbler," it looks like it will provide not just voice synthesis, but also voice recognition for the upcoming iPhone OS 3.0.

Not much information is known at this time, but according to our own people familiar with the matter, Jibbler appears be an enhancement to the iPhone SpringBoard application, the Finder-esque app that acts as a launcher and will support the newly announced 3.0 Spotlight search. Jibbler may be controlled via the iPhone headset—button squeezes could be used to record short voice segments from the user, which Jibbler will then interpret. Voice synthesis can then be used to give the user a response, similar to the latest generation iPod shuffle, which can "read" playlists and track names—the difference being that the iPhone hardware itself could handle real-time voice synthesis.

[read more]

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Voice to Text would be great when driving down the road. Takes multi-tasking to a new level. Maybe this will help prevent accidents?
    I wonder if you will still have to select the send button?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    my thoughts exactly .. its one of the downfalls to all the voice to text apps i've tried .. while i can do everything in voice but send .. still have to hit the send key

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's a little off the subject, but, the update will also allow users to listen to music wirelessly with stereo bluetooth headphones. This is something that is very important to me and many others I'm sure.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~