Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been shopping for an iPhone for quite some time now. Last summer when the ... Apple iPhone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Refurb iPhones: 8gb ($99) & 16gb ($149)

Advertisement

I've been shopping for an iPhone for quite some time now. Last summer when the 3g version came out, I would have bought one but my local stores were all sold out. When my Curve died, I tried (without success) to early upgrade my line to an iPhone but ATT wasn't having it, so home I went with a Bold. While I am completely satisfied with my Bold, I still have that secret (well not secret really ) yearning to jump on the Apple sailboat

My SO and I had made a deal when the Bold came home ... once the his line was eligible for an upgrade, I'd buy the iPhone and give him the Bold. Well, as I was shopping this weekend on the ATT site, I noticed this ... If you are a new customer, or an existing with an eligible upgrade, the price for the iPhone 3g REFURB (in white too!!) has been dropped. I'm not sure how long the price will stay this low, so if you are thinking about adding to your Smartphone family, nows the time to do it!

also on intomobile via BGR

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Well, tell us Cherri, did you get the white iphone?

fsantiago36 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E3B0A
    I was and am not a touch screen fan. I heard its that easy to crash ipod touch from your podcast you sure you want to be without your phone if you switch to an Apple product. I have been a blackberry fan for some time now. I had a corporate blackberry which was just the pager style blackberry. I loved that thing back in 2001 or 2002 and have stayed the path of blackberry's ever since. Not planning on jumping ship. Apple is still working out the kinks with their IPHONE atleast blackberry has come out with a list of different phones. Apple is still trying to soothe the hearts of all the people complaining that 3G is not working on the AT&T network in all the areas they claim to be working. I can't completely dump on Apple since the Storm has had its glitches but RIM is good coming out every month with leaked updates to have users test and create forums to get a feel of what's working or not with new builds. I believe these are not leaks but a way to get the public to test an OS without saying they need help. My wish is that they make the touch screen version of the Bold with a better camera. I'll happily get the next phone if that happens. I keep mentioning this everywhere hopefully someone at RIM will listen and get it right. Well till next time.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by fsantiago36; 04-20-2009 at 07:29 PM.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Wow, I've been thinking the same here to cherri. I bought my daughter an Ipod touch and played with it and been dying to get an iphone ever since. I can see it probably happening in the next 2 weeks. I'm not due for an upgrade until november but I'm not going to wait that long. So I'll be shelling out an extra 100 bucks either way and I don't mind.
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 04-20-2009 at 09:30 PM.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    The only thing that's stopping me from jumping ship at the moment is the fact that they don't have a free GPS app (voice activated) like I have for my curve with AmazeGPS. They get a free voice activated gps and I'm all over one of them
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    "I still have that secret (well not secret really ) yearning to jump on the Apple sailboat "

Cherrichiodo,

you know I have nothing but love for you but that boat is the HMS Titanic!!!!

While I do agree the price can't be beat but, come on......an Iphone?

Well whatever the decision is in the end I hope it works out for ya.

An Iphone.....I feel dirty just saying it. I need a shower.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'll also admit that I've also been seriously eyeballing an iPhone, my wife just got an iPod touch and at the very least its a fun toy.

I'll do my best to hold out though, I know I'd regret ditching my Bold after a week or two.

~via Blackberry Bold running 5.0.0.90~

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3
    Best buy has them too.

Quote Originally Posted by armenvzw View Post
    Best buy has them too.
    Yep, I went to the best buy website and it looks like the same offer. I never knew Best Buy was peddling iphones...good info

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just to let you all know, this isn't a sale or anything. The refurbs have been this price for a while now (well at least 6 months) and probably aren't changing. I got one of the 8gig refurbs a while back and love it. It works perfectly and came with everything it should have. It's definitely a deal to take advantage of, but it probably will remain at that price for a while so you don't have to decide immediately.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Tempting, but the 3rd iteration of the iPhone is right around the corner. My iPod touch will quell my temptations until then..
    -Tim

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    i went from a pearl to a refurb 8 gig iphone a few months ago when they first changed the prices to $99 and $149. i miss my blackberry but a jailbroken iphone has been much better.

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Tempting, but the 3rd iteration of the iPhone is right around the corner. My iPod touch will quell my temptations until then..
    I've read that there will be very little difference in the 3rd generation iphone and the 3.0 upgrade that all 2nd generation iphones will receive in june for free

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Very true!! If I do wanna make the jump I would much rather wait for the next iphone because is like me upgrading to the bold now when AT&T will more than likely get a new bb be it the curve2 or niagara or whatever the next one's called in a matter of 3 months or so. Why waste my upgrade. I understand that no contract is needed but anyone can see this is just a way to stick it to us by getting us into buying out their stock before they release their new device. But hey I'm not mad at you Apple...business is business .

So, yeah...I'll hold out till the next gen iphone in hopefully June or July for my B-Day so I can finally make the iphone my first touchscreen phone. I'm not even gonna bother with the storm sad but true
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    I still have my upgrade available. I want to wait for the curve or whatever to come out, but I may just have up upgrade now. I am a little Leary about waiting now because of how long we had to wait, for the bold. Who knows when AT&T will actually release the new Blackberries. Oh yeah.. I am suppressing my urge to get an IPhone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast