Opera posted an announcement today stating they submitted their new Browser to Apple for approval. ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Opera Browser Submitted to App Store

Advertisement

Opera posted an announcement today stating they submitted their new Browser to Apple for approval. Opera has put up a timer page counting the time until Apple approves the app. A contest on how long it will take Apple to approve the app offering a prize of a new iPhone 3GS for the guess closest to the actual time has also been setup.

Opera Mini for iPhone was officially submitted to the Apple iPhone App store today. A select few first saw it at Mobile World Congress 2010 in February. Now, the “fast like a rocket” browser is taking its first big step towards giving users a new way to browse on the iPhone.

Read More from Opera

Video Demo shows a speed comparison between Mobile Safari and Opera.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I'd say never. Let's hope I'm wrong. But I think I'm going to give out my UDID today to Opera and beg for a copy lol.

Nice approach though. Apple approves 3rd party apps like organizers, notes, calculators, SMS, weather, etc all which replace the built in apps. So not cool to block the browser.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    cnet posted an article about it, it mentions some of the ways Opera is different and why it may not violate Apple's rules. But that doesn't mean Apple won't delay it or disapprove it anyway.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Beg for two

I can send over my numbers in a net-second. I'm on the fence with the approval. I think it may go like azstar mentioned plus the big O comes on Leopard pre-installed if I remember correctly. I'm not sure about SL tho? It may be hidden somewhere b/c i don't see it on my Laptop.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Beg for two

I can send over my numbers in a net-second. I'm on the fence with the approval. I think it may go like azstar mentioned plus the big O comes on Leopard pre-installed if I remember correctly. I'm not sure about SL tho? It may be hidden somewhere b/c i don't see it on my Laptop.
    I should still have it has it changed? PM me