It seems there's even more to add to Apple's app rejection debacle. Apparently you can't ... Apple iPhone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

One Thing You Can't Say In The App Store

Advertisement

It seems there's even more to add to Apple's app rejection debacle. Apparently you can't have the word iPhone in the title of the application, as app author and MacWorld editor, Jason Snell, recently discovered.

via TheGuardian: "Tales from the Twilight Zone of the iPhone App Store, pt 946: Apple has rejected an ebook submitted by Macworld because it contains the word "iPhone".

Yes. It's true. Even though there is another ebook called "iPhone: The Missing Manual". And that if you do a search in the iTunes App Store on "iPhone", you get a stack of results. His outrage was not leavened by the fact that David Pogue - occasional reviewer for the New York Times - has written a book about the iPhone . "Note the title and icon", Snell wrote.

"So basically, you can write a book about the iPhone, and even sell that book on the App Store, but you can't say what the book is about."

"I have to admit, my initial response to Apple's rejection was to replace the word iPhone with the image of a hand giving Apple the finger."

Check out the full article here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    This one is beyond me. I can't think of a reason why Apple would do this

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    RIM doesn't let apps in App World with the name Berry, that's why Bellshare's BerryBuzz is called BeBuzz on App World but BerryBuzz in mobihand....same with BeWeather, BePopup etc...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's crazy.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm guessing the idea is they want the user purchasing the program under the idea that it's developed or supported by Apple. Having the name in the title could lead someone to believe it at least carried an endorsement. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can understand.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    They usually do this because using the name 'Berry' or 'iPhone' in the app name creates a close association with the device. Then if the app goes off getting negative review or image, it could tarnish the device's image as well.

Since Apple hand selects their apps anyway, I would say, just don't select any bad apps. BUT, sometimes these people aren't that smart.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ...and of course iPhone and Blackberry are both trademarked names. So they have the legal right to pick and choose how they want or don't want their names used by others.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

mjneid no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    This one is beyond me. I can't think of a reason why Apple would do this
    BeCaUsE it is apple they are doing what they do best.