Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - While most children his age sketch on paper with crayons, nine-year old ... Apple iPhone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Nine-year old whiz-kid writes iPhone application

Advertisement

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - While most children his age sketch on paper with crayons, nine-year old Lim Ding Wen from Singapore, has a very different canvas -- his iPhone.

Lim, who is in fourth grade, writes applications for Apple's popular iPhone. His latest, a painting program called Doodle Kids, has been downloaded over 4,000 times from Apple's iTunes store in two weeks, the New Paper reported on Thursday.

[Read More]

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    must be nice!!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Wow. People too often uderestimate the abilities of children. I know whenever I have a problem or a question about my PC, I can always go to my kids for the answer-lol~via 9000~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    That's not so spectacular to use folks that knows what the iphone app consist of. Of course this nerdy kid can do it; because apple build the iphone to be simple but yet so many adults are having problems using it. That is why not so many adults have a blackberry. I came across many adult with blackberries to find out that the one they have is a company phone and there personal is a Moto razor of nokia of some sort. And the only reason they have the blackberry is because the job forced them to have one. But yet so many adults are walking around with iphones. I ask them why; and they said its easy for them to use and the big bold picture icons is self explanatory as well as very visible.

A friend once told me; dumb people buys mac, smart people buys PC. To put it simple; he means you will know more about computers if you have a PC than someone with a mac. The same goes for smart phones, the difficult it is the better knowledge you have to using them and it will not be as difficult to use the generation of smart phones.

Lets face it folks, sooner of later you will actually be walking around with a computer in your pocket. Hell its like that for some of us right now.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via smartphone~PLAN....I think you are missing one big thing...the kid is in 4th grade and knows 6 programming langs.
    Wheather he programs a iPhone or turns a super NES into a talking robot the underlining story is that the kid is just that...a kid....no more then 11 years old

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    That's amazing!

hatch.duffy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    That's not so spectacular to use folks that knows what the iphone app consist of. Of course this nerdy kid can do it; because apple build the iphone to be simple but yet so many adults are having problems using it. That is why not so many adults have a blackberry. I came across many adult with blackberries to find out that the one they have is a company phone and there personal is a Moto razor of nokia of some sort. And the only reason they have the blackberry is because the job forced them to have one. But yet so many adults are walking around with iphones. I ask them why; and they said its easy for them to use and the big bold picture icons is self explanatory as well as very visible.

A friend once told me; dumb people buys mac, smart people buys PC. To put it simple; he means you will know more about computers if you have a PC than someone with a mac. The same goes for smart phones, the difficult it is the better knowledge you have to using them and it will not be as difficult to use the generation of smart phones.

Lets face it folks, sooner of later you will actually be walking around with a computer in your pocket. Hell its like that for some of us right now.
    How in the h*ll is it not spectacular the kid is in the fourth grade. Why take away from his accomplishment with a post like this. He's a kid. Is that what we do now we don't uplift the accomplishements of children instead we rant about how no one should be surprised that he was able to do it! so what if it's simple the kid is 9! geez...

aaronnieves no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305F72EB
    Amazing....
    Running 4.7.0.99

Need flooring or pavers done in FL?
    Visit my site:
    http://www.flooringbyJMI.com

Jazzyl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521CB60
    ~via smartphone~the kid is amazing not so many adults know 1 programming language so I salute the young kid. He must keep it up maybe he will be the next Steve Jobs!!!!!!

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    That's very impresive! Imagine that kid sharing his knowledge with us on his programming abilities.

~via Blackberry smartphone~

Quote Originally Posted by hatch.duffy View Post
    How in the h*ll is it not spectacular the kid is in the fourth grade. Why take away from his accomplishment with a post like this. He's a kid. Is that what we do now we don't uplift the accomplishements of children instead we rant about how no one should be surprised that he was able to do it! so what if it's simple the kid is 9! geez...
    Sorry if I don't feel as amazed as the rest of you. The way technology is right know and what some of these kids know is outstanding. But hey, there are other kids his age that has done bigger things than write a programme for a iphone. My brother is a programmer; he told me that the iphone is not that complex at all. Two thumbs up for the boy, but what else it new.

Hey my friend 3 year old manage to turn my laptop on and logged into it last weekend. I am still trying to figure out how in the world she did that. Now that is some crazy ish. I just think she got lucky about the login; but she do know how to turn it on.

My BF nice who is 4 know how to unlock her iphone and call who ever she wants. She knows this by watching her aunt use the phone in front of her.

I am impressed that the kid knows how to write programs; it doesn't impress me that he wrote one for an Iphone. He needs to challenge himself bigger than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    ~via smartphone~PLAN....I think you are missing one big thing...the kid is in 4th grade and knows 6 programming langs.
    Wheather he programs a iPhone or turns a super NES into a talking robot the underlining story is that the kid is just that...a kid....no more then 11 years old
    I do agree with you that the kid knows 6 lingo's; that is crazy. But the whole iphone thing doesn't do it for me. He needs to shoot higher knowing what he knows.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    This kid has nothing on Doogie Howser
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    This kid has nothing on Doogie Howser
    haha
    -Josh

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post

WTH - That is beyond Spectacular, the kid/Child is 9 years old - That's Nick Jr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast