Ok, it's all rumor at the moment, but according to MCN Mobile , an executive ... Apple iPhone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Netflix Coming to iPhone?

Advertisement

Ok, it's all rumor at the moment, but according to MCN Mobile, an executive familiar with Netflix's plans says the company plans to expand it's "Watch Instantly" feature to devices such as the Wii, iPod, and iPhone. The rumor could not be confirmed by Netflix as they decline to comment on, “rumors or speculation."

The company currently offers 12,000+ movies and tv shows to a wide variety of device, including PC's, Mac's, Tivo, and others. Seems like a natural extension to offer the service on a device that was designed for a rich multimedia experience. Speculation at this time however is that it would be like Sling Mobile Player and limited to a Wi-Fi only connection as AT&T probably wouldn't allow such a bandwidth intensive app on it's 3G network. Again, it's all rumors at the moment, but hey, what a great app it would be.

Full article here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm already a heavy Netflix user so this would be nice. My gut tells me "Not in a Million Year" will AT$T allow this on their network unless it's via WiFi only.

I'm wanting the Hulu App to shine through also.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    WOW! That would be AWESOME, of course Wifi only, I wouldn't mind that at all..... *fingers crossed*

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    This would be a very popular app for sure....will be watching for something to substantiate the rumor...and I agree w/srl a hulu app will be sweet!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Just read the article. If it pulls through it's definately a power move for Netflix. Wifi only.......no problem
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is some thing interesting I missed when looking at this App and weather it would be approved in the App Store. I think there is hope for Hulu also.

Wired Article

Slacker’s Apple-approved app and Spotify’s possibly-to-be-approved app each include a caching feature that lets you listen to hours and hours of music while offline, with nary WiFi nor cellphone connection in range.

How? Those music-streaming apps can store great swathes of music on iPhone’s memory, so you can access them as if the phone were connected. The Spotify app lets you keep 3,333 songs on the iPhone, for instance, which means there’s more than enough room for a NetFlix video-streaming app to store two or three movies locally.

You wouldn’t be able to tote around an entire movie collection on the iPhone this way, but that’s not the point. Carrying one or two movies at a time would fit perfectly with NetFlix’s traditional business model, in which consumers pay to have any three (or so) discs in their possession. A NetFlix iPhone app could replicate the same process, with users checking one movie back in so they can check out another back out.

More importantly, it would allow you to watch films even when the only connection you have is AT&T’s — which, when it comes to some video streaming apps, is like having no connection at all.

Full Article

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Netflix is up and running for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Only catch is you have to have OS 3.1.3 or higher to use it and have a Netflix account of course

Free at the App Store.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^i want a blockbuster app like those silly droid fools

Nah I don't watch movies like that. I like to go see the best ones on their release day
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    You can already stream movies to your device via wifi or 3G. You have to install an updated version of Safari on your device. I think its Safari 4

iLord is DEAD!

three3peat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Netflix app all ready done

Watching men who stare @ goats over 3G

Bump : just read Pdx's post

You can also go to iphonemoviez.net for free movies

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I have Netflix and I use instant movies on our Wii and the PS3. It would have been cool to try it on my iPhone, but I am still on 3.1.2

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^ you're better off by not upgrading to it. Heard many people complaining that upgraded to iOS 4 with their 3GS's. Trust me you're okay ...
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

benben123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Again thank you very much for the article carry on the good work.

iphone case

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    any update on to when the 3GS will be able to do tv out using netflixs or has someone jb there phone and use a tvout thru cydia that works with netflixs?