via Wired: "I got the MiFi, the personal, battery powered Wi-Fi router, in for testing ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

MyFi Plus iPod Touch (Almost) Equals iPhone

Advertisement

via Wired: "I got the MiFi, the personal, battery powered Wi-Fi router, in for testing a while ago. Today, the SIM card turned up, and after a little jiggery-pokery, it’s up and running. And you know what? The combo of iPod Touch and MiFi might just be better than the iPhone.

The MiFi was recently announced for the Spanish market, and is carried on the same terrible network as the iPhone: Movistar, the mobile wing of Telefónica. In fact, as Movistar is also getting the Palm Pre, you could argue that it has all the worthwhile gadgets to itself.

Read more
    Last edited by GaryF; 08-05-2009 at 03:28 PM.

madlibran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    Yeah, let's know when you are done testing...this looks pretty neat.

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    So how does this work? It acts as a WiFi router when you're not in a location to get WiFi by picking up a wireless signal? That sounds awesome. Is it available through all carriers?
    My Focus may become Jaided but never my determination...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by JaidedFocus View Post
    So how does this work? It acts as a WiFi router when you're not in a location to get WiFi by picking up a wireless signal? That sounds awesome. Is it available through all carriers?
    Sprint and Verizon do I guess I have not looked at any others?

Verizon Price Plans

I keep coming back to this device revisiting how useful it would be and when?
    Last edited by srl7741; 08-06-2009 at 08:24 PM.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The Mi-Fi system has been under development for a while. I think the first article I saw was back in February and Verizon picked that one up. Yes though Jaided, it works by grabbing a wireless signal and broadcasts it as a Wi-Fi signal. Say that long family trip in the car where you can get a wireless signal, but you wanna check what's up on your laptop or BB. This would allow you to do that. Or in the case of a business meeting where you need a Wi-Fi for everyone. Great idea and I believe Rogers is slated to get one in the next few months if they haven't already.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS