AT&T has released an iPhone application that gives customers the ability to notify the carrier ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

"Mark The Spot" iPhone App by AT&T

Advertisement

AT&T has released an iPhone application that gives customers the ability to notify the carrier of their location when they experience poor service.

iTunes Link: Free

AT&T Mark the Spot is an application that provides customers a means to provide feedback on network user experience to AT&T.

App Features:

Simlicity of operation
    Submit a real time report capturing local GPS coordinates at time and place of event
    Submit a report after the fact when a customer is not at the place of event
    Submit a report of dropped call, failed call, lack of coverage, data service failure, or poor voice quality
    Submit optional specific comments about an event
    Receive an SMS acknowledgement that the reported event was sent and received successfully.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    So if some poor fellow is somewhere with no coverage, well, hows the data gonna get there?

Sounds like a good idea, but kind of embarrasing to be the first carrier to have such an app. If I was verizon I would make a commercial about that.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Notice it was for an Iphone and not a BB, HMMMM??
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    This app will help prove Verizon's commercials correct. Lol. They just release this after they lose a court battle over network coverage claims? Somebody unsure of their capabilities?

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Notice it was for an Iphone and not a BB, HMMMM??
    I guess that just shows where us BB users rate on the AT&T food chain.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's a funny idea no question. On one hand how can u report anything when you have no connection? When you do get a connection of course it's not in the same location so the data reported is not accurate.

But

On the other hand I don't think there is a better way to accumulate so much information any other way other than to have the customer report it directly when it happens. The information they receive will certainly show the poor areas.

Now..... how many ppl will pull the (fake review trick) and report bad information out of spite? Can AT&T trust the data they are getting as gospel.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I would charge AT&T or at least have them deduct some of the billing from my account if I'm gonna contribute to this collection of data. Heck! The "can you hear me now" dudes get paid; why wouldn't I get paid for doing the same thing they're doing? hmm...

.... <----keeps wondering

What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think its sad that they don't know where they don't have coverage...why....why.....why
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    ill be marking my whole house area as bad coverage area
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I just read an article regarding this coverage issue and let me say, if I were an AT&T customer, I would not be too happy about this. Heck, just as a wireless customer this is disconcerting:

http://mashable.com/2009/12/09/att-de-la-vega/

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Good thing my mom and I found out Tuesday that my dad is not eligible yet for an upgrade to the iPhone yet LOL That WAS going to be his Christmas gift (now possibly his birthday gift if AT&T doesn't pull this stunt).

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    I just got done downloading it, works pretty good but when your trying to report outAges or spotty service it won't let u save your location for later to send our the report. But it's a cool app to hav so you can bug AT&T about their many dead spotted areas .
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    The app is designed very well and is almost idiot proof. in the case of "no network coverage," the app has a map feature that lets you drop a pin on the location of your incident in order to let them know where you had a problem. (Adding some comments in the notes section such as date and time of day will further refine your submission.)

I think it is a stroke of genius for AT&T who has long been criticized for having poor coverage and not really caring about it. Not they are releasing a free app to their users to provide (hopefully) accurate data, near real time, of where there are issues. (And the majority of you immediately criticize this attempt or mock it without even trying the application or stepping back to look at the big picture.) They have enabled customers to provide them with accurate data on their coverage sans all the whining and complaining that usually accompanies a call to customer service.

They already have versions in the works for the BB and WinMo devices and other handset version should follow shortly thereafter. the iPhone is just easier to code something like this for because you can code it once and you are done for any iPhone. For the BB, you have to code a little different for the different models.

Continue your usual mockery if you wish but this is just brilliant.
    Last edited by ReggieSmith; 12-14-2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Added info..
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    The app is designed very well and is almost idiot proof. in the case of "no network coverage," the app has a map feature that lets you drop a pin on the location of your incident in order to let them know where you had a problem. (Adding some comments in the notes section such as date and time of day will further refine your submission.)

I think it is a stroke of genius for AT&T who has long been criticized for having poor coverage and not really caring about it. Not they are releasing a free app to their users to provide (hopefully) accurate data, near real time, of where there are issues. (And the majority of you immediately criticize this attempt or mock it without even trying the application or stepping back to look at the big picture.) They have enabled customers to provide them with accurate data on their coverage sans all the whining and complaining that usually accompanies a call to customer service.

They already have versions in the works for the BB and WinMo devices and other handset version should follow shortly thereafter. the iPhone is just easier to code something like this for because you can code it once and you are done for any iPhone. For the BB, you have to code a little different for the different models.

Continue your usual mockery if you wish but this is just brilliant.
    Well said, I could not agree more.