flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    People these days...

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    That's why I never go to any craigslist transaction meeting without my piece!! Can't trust no one!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That is true, hard to trust anyone, especially right now with our economy the way it is.
    -Josh

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    if a guy pulls a knife on me and takes off running, it will not take me a second to realize they are not joking and are in fact stealing the phone...

Quote Originally Posted by The Article
    At first, Wilson thought the buyer was joking so he said it took he and his friend a second to realize the person was stealing the phone

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    That's why I never go to any craigslist transaction meeting without my piece!! Can't trust no one!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Haha. Yeah. On another note... a knife? Really? He better not have gave the phone up on command with the thread of being cut or stabbed. That would make him stupid. Maybe it's just me but a knife is only as deadly as the person using it.
    "Who Dares Wins"

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Or, playing devil's advocate, he never had an iPhone, placed the bogus add on Craigslist and then said he was robbed. It's been said you can't trust anyone anymore, including the people who sometimes file these types of reports.

It made news, which is what the purpose would be to report the robbery in this manner and then maybe get one given to him by AT&T or some other kiosk or retail store and viola'...new phone he was hoping for.

Just a thought...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    Whenver selling anything off of Craigslist it's definitely good to go to a public place, never can tell these days... having your piece on you is a MUST!!! Thank god for concealed weapons permits. I hope dude gets his iPhone back.
    He probably won't. Was the robber the same person who actually bought the phone?
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-13-2009 at 10:39 PM.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    On a side note, I just bought another Brand new Bold from a girl through Craigslist less than an hour ago.

duilsko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25675D70
    I think its so sad that you all speak of bringing weapons to such a simple thing as selling a phone, I would rather give the guy the phone than use a weapon on them.
    Our police don't even have guns here, I can walk down most streets in most towns and cities with my bold in my hand without much fear of being robbed. I am not saying we don't have crime, of course we do but nothing like you guys seem to have. Is a phone worth a life? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99
    Quote Originally Posted by eazid View Post
    Haha. Yeah. On another note... a knife? Really? He better not have gave the phone up on command with the thread of being cut or stabbed. That would make him stupid. Maybe it's just me but a knife is only as deadly as the person using it.
    I would give up a 400 dollar phone to avoid the chance of being stabbed, you have no idea if he is deadly with a knife or not.

On another note, I used to live right around there and that mall is usually packed full of people and there is security all over the place.

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    Its too sad that people just can't do the right thing. But oh well.. Those people have issues. Anyways I love craigslist also, but would never go alone to meet ANYONE.! And I agree starbucks is a nice place to meet.
    T-Mobile Pearl 8100>T-Mobile Curve 8320>T-Mobile Curve 8900>T-Mobile Bold 8900

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by duilsko View Post
    I think its so sad that you all speak of bringing weapons to such a simple thing as selling a phone, I would rather give the guy the phone than use a weapon on them.
    Our police don't even have guns here, I can walk down most streets in most towns and cities with my bold in my hand without much fear of being robbed. I am not saying we don't have crime, of course we do but nothing like you guys seem to have. Is a phone worth a life? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes, it is sad. But in today's world, it's better to be safe than sorry. If I have MORE and BIGGER people, the other guy will NOT try anything.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Maybe you should post an add on Craigslist telling buyers to beware of buying a stolen iphone in your area and post the IME number, so they know it is stolen. I am sure they will try to sell it for cash

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    What a Craigslist noob. He deserves it for picking such a umm how can I put this dangerous meeting location? He might as well have picked an alley with no outlet. Some people don't have street smarts. They could have the highest IQ but when it comes to streets smarts oh boy...Yeah memo to all of you people buying/selling on CL, add this to your "places not to do business on through craigslist" lol. This article made my day ...
    Raton, that's alittle harsh. You can get robbed ANYWHERE at anytime. I read an article about people selling puppies and when the people who replied to the add showed up to see them, they tied up the sellers and stole all of the puppies. Nowhere is safe. I luv ya, but it's not cool to blame the victim.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm sorry you feel that way pdxmatts . I luv ya too.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12