Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KCTV5 : A man trying to trade his iPhone for cash ended up calling police ... Apple iPhone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Man Selling iPhone On Craigslist Robbed

Advertisement

KCTV5: A man trying to trade his iPhone for cash ended up calling police for help.Nicholas Wilson and his friend posted the iPhone on Craigslist.They went to Oak Park Mall on Saturday to meet the potential buyer in public in the parking lot, but the buyer pulled a knife and took off with the iPhone, Wilson said.

[Read More]

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    That's why I never go to any craigslist transaction meeting without my piece!! Can't trust no one!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've sold stuff on Craigslist. I make a point of meeting INSIDE a Starbucks. You can't be too careful.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You can never be too careful. Atleast he was not hurt.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Bummer! The advantage of meeting with your buyer/seller appears to be a "goodnews/badnews" story.

Too bad - it's so hard for honest people to sell anything with all the spammers, crooks and jerks involved.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    DAMN!
    I sold 2 iphones 3G for $400 each when the asking price was $700-800. People got crazy calling/SMS/MMS/email me. But is how jblack said:

"Too bad - it's so hard for honest people to sell anything with all the spammers, crooks and jerks involved"

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Whenver selling anything off of Craigslist it's definitely good to go to a public place, never can tell these days... having your piece on you is a MUST!!! Thank god for concealed weapons permits. I hope dude gets his iPhone back.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    What a Craigslist noob. He deserves it for picking such a umm how can I put this dangerous meeting location? He might as well have picked an alley with no outlet. Some people don't have street smarts. They could have the highest IQ but when it comes to streets smarts oh boy...Yeah memo to all of you people buying/selling on CL, add this to your "places not to do business on through craigslist" lol. This article made my day ...
    Last edited by raton; 01-13-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: typo...
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

danger872 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2401D9F3
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    What a Craigslist noob. He deserves it for picking such a umm how can I put this dangerous meeting location? He might as well have picked an alley with no outlet. Some people don't have street smarts. They could have the highest IQ but when it comes to streets smarts oh boy...Yeah memo to all of you people buying/selling on CG, add this to your "places not to do business on through craigslist" lol. This article made my day ...
    I def agree wit u...I've sold many items on craigslist and every transaction I did was either with ma friend in a public area or when am by myself I would pick a place where there is a lot of cops......jus gtta think before you do anything

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I've bought/sold TONS of stuff on CL. I love CL. Then again, I always bring (at the very least) one other friend that's also carrying a weapon.

Can't be too careful.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i usually meet inside starbucks or some kind of coffee house. i've met one person in the parking lot of a target shopping center, but it was Christmas time and VERY crowded. oh, and i never go alone

i'm sure the dude thought meeting in a mall parking lot would be ok, and he took a friend ...

scary times tho, money makes people do stupid things.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Crazy, people are desperate these days and there's no such thing as too careful. Hopefully others will learn from this and I would love to see the look on that dude's face when karma catches up with him!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    I just make them pay me through paypal that way it secure then i mail them item.
    MrS.OfFiCeR

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    In a parking lot at night. Doesn't really sound to me like they thought this out. Common sense would say inside, well lighted and around lots of people. Only place I buy used stuff is on here or through PayPal on Ebay.

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    well thankful he was alright. I hope he doesn't take this out on the next person.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast