Half an hour ago, I just had an iPhone 3GS. Now, I have an iPhone ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional

Layar Brings Augmented Reality Browser To The iPhone

Half an hour ago, I just had an iPhone 3GS. Now, I have an iPhone 3GS with Layar installed.

It was one of the main questions I had for the Dutch company, which markets an augmented reality browser, when they launched at the Mobile 2.0 Europe event in Barcelona last year. When would they be complementing their Android program with an application for the iPhone?

They said it’d come in the fall of this year, and while there have been a number of AR applications made available on the App Store in the meantime, Layar’s finally arrived a couple of hours ago and it’s worth a second look. (iTunes link)

In case the concept of augmented reality is still new to you, basically it’s the placement of a digital layer of information on top of a real-life view of the world around you, as seen through e.g. a mobile phone’s camera lens. Using augmented reality, you could be using your smartphone to glance around the main square of a city you’re visiting and get up-to-date information about nearby restaurants, ATMs, real estate offers, and more on-screen, bolted on top of what you’d be seeing if you weren’t looking through the lens.

Read Much More from TechCrunch including screen shots.
    Last edited by srl7741; 10-14-2009 at 07:25 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    This technology is amazing, takes things to a whole other level< I can't wait to get a device that can use this potential!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    OH WOW!!!! Now, I definitely gotta get me one of those.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?