Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

via AppleInsider : Two new class-action lawsuits were filed this week over the lack of ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Lawsuits Take Aim at Apple & AT&T over MMS

Advertisement

via AppleInsider:

Two new class-action lawsuits were filed this week over the lack of multimedia messaging capabilities on the iPhone, and the apparent inability of Apple and AT&T to provide the service to U.S. customers.

One complaint was filed in a U.S. District Court in the Southern District of Illinois on behalf of Tim Meeker and other unnamed complainants, while the other, in the Eastern District of Louisiana, is on behalf of Christopher Carbine, Ryan Casey, Lisa Mauer, and others unnamed. Both lawsuits include identical language to describe the lack of MMS on the iPhone.

"Apple advertised heavily that the new version of iPhone, the 3G, as well as the even newer version, the 3GS, would allow MMS," the suits read. "Apple's print and video advertisements in and on television, the Internet, radio, newspapers, and direct mailers all touted the availability of MMS."

Full Article

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I wish I had an iphone too. I would've filed a lawsuit as well against those bastards.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Considering everyone (I mean everyone) knew about OS 3.0 in Jan/Feb and the MMS feature It's hard to defend AT&T not being ready like the rest of the world. When you throw in the fact all the other AT&T phones have MMS makes it worse.

What R they thinking?

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    It is pretty crazy that its not functioning yet.....as much as it was talked about..
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Considering everyone (I mean everyone) knew about OS 3.0 in Jan/Feb and the MMS feature It's hard to defend AT&T not being ready like the rest of the world. When you throw in the fact all the other AT&T phones have MMS makes it worse.

What R they thinking?
    I agree, I can't defend them on this even though I don't give a rat's butt about MMS.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Retired
    O I forgot that part, now that you mention it? I don't care about MMS either. I've never used it even when I had a BB. Hahaha wonder if I can opt-out and get a discount?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I bought my 1st BB, an 8130 with a promise from Alltel that they were only a couple weeks away from enabling MMS on the BlackBerry.....took them about 8 months to finally get it working...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    They're probably holding it out for the launch of the new iPad this fall. They're gonna pinky swear on it this time!!

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A

are you surprised?

As we all can see apple 3gs is not all that. Crappy service for a crappy phone! (Just excellent for games and entertaiment). So why to buy one when so many people Are going back to berries from the iphone when the honeymoon is over.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.127 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

Never promise something you can't deliver. Apple should have fixed this problem the on the first model.
    No excuses; there is a app for everything right, so use the mms app. If there is one.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    there is a app for everything right, so use the mms app. If there is one.
    Actually there are several and they work pretty good. Having it built into the OS of course is much better.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    having mms + flashing light thingy on the device= priceless

no mms+ having to look for an app to have something it supposedly was supposed to have built in= lawsuit for false advertisement
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

HedBanger no está en línea Stack level 2
    Do you think when it becomes available, it will be something that should be able to work with all exsisting iPhones?
    "Over?......Did you say over?......Nothing is over until we decide it is!..... Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!.......Hell no!" John "Bluto" Blutarsky (Delta House)

PIN/ID
    Retired
    It should work on all phones using OS 3.0 or higher.

dirtypirate no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ha ha about damn time. They need to get this shiz fixed and stop making empty promises.
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast