Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

These types of events are extremely rare I wouldn't worry. Enjoy the heck out of ... Apple iPhone News forum

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

These types of events are extremely rare I wouldn't worry. Enjoy the heck out of your iPhone
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

tnlf11 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21A88930
    leave it to Apple to stick it up the customers *** with no lube. F apple and their Monopoly ways, shiny toys is all they are.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Guess the iphone was "too hot" for even the seat to handle!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I can't imagine that happening to me. then again my luck has been so bad with phones, anything is possible.
    SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/UCIB1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11)

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    Regardless what phone the person have, it should be never left in an area that will have direct contact with the sun over a period of time. Its a shame he lost a good phone and now he has to buy a new passenger seat for himself.

zipporic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Pity the guy, and the damage to the car... as far as the iPhone, no great loss...
    love it.

I just see a plane having to make an emergency landing and after a long investigation the culprit ends up being an overheated iPhone. Hmm, think apple will claim responsibility then and actually take action to fix one of countless flaws they don't acknowledge?...
    Who told you, you could eat my cookies? Put that cookie down!... Now!
    Courtesy of the Govenator

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by zipporic View Post
    love it.

I just see a plane having to make an emergency landing and after a long investigation the culprit ends up being an overheated iPhone. Hmm, think apple will claim responsibility then and actually take action to fix one of countless flaws they don't acknowledge?...
    I don't foresee them doing it, unless incontravertible proof surfaces that the batteries are defective in some form. The article I linked points to some 800 cases of this so far with Apple devices. When you figure how many iPods, iPhones, etc., have been sold, 800 is so neglible a number that Apple can call it coincidence all day long.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

hastafford no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245E5E02
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    These types of events are extremely rare I wouldn't worry. Enjoy the heck out of your iPhone
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16
    Thank you. So far I'm liking my new 3G iPhone.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I look at it like I do the "McDonalds, Hot Coffee Lawsuit" years ago. People need to accept responsiblity for their own actions at some point.

If someone wants to setup a lab and test then publish the results that's one thing. I don't think there's been a study done like that yet. Sometimes i wonder if common sense has left the building.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

o.O

Hot coffee?! are you kidding me? Take responsibility for what, for the iPhone setting his car on fire? I never had any of my motorola or rim or samsung phone catch my stuff on fire, or even heard of any of those setting anything ablaze. APPLE needs to take responsibility. Period. iPhones aren't supposed to be combustible.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin View Post
    Hot coffee?! are you kidding me? Take responsibility for what, for the iPhone setting his car on fire? I never had any of my motorola or rim or samsung phone catch my stuff on fire, or even heard of any of those setting anything ablaze. APPLE needs to take responsibility. Period. iPhones aren't supposed to be combustible.
    Agreed. Lets compare hot coffee and the iPhone. You buy the coffee - knowing and expecting it to be hot, knowing if you take that first sip too soon you'll burn your taste buds right off, not to mention you can feel the heat through the cup. You're an idiot, you spill it on yourself - deal with it.

You buy a phone, knowing it can get warm but it's never too hot to touch and it's not built to start fires. It's on the seat in your car, hanging out and doing it's thing, you know creating an app for that - what is that? I don't know but I've got an app for it .
    Now your car is roasting like a witch in salem. What?! It wasn't doing that when I bought it!

You buy the coffee expecting it to be hot, you don't buy an iPhone to start fires. Just remember apples words of wisdom: Is your car on fire and you want to put it out? There's an app for that.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well after all that was said and done I have one further comment concerning iPhone and coffee cups - what if the owner picked up the phone and placed it to his ear and the thing just lit up ?
    No real comparison to a hot coffee cup burning your lips is there ?
    Like (a new argument) why don't the authorities force Apple to place a warning sign on their iPhones' like the cigarette manufacturers ?
    Like "USING THIS PHONE MAY CAUSE SEVERE BURNS " or "EXTENSIVE USE OF PHONE WILL CAUSE BRAIN DAMAGE".
    LOL !

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    I hear ya on that lmao
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    lol, that would be great. It would be like a mattress tag that says 'do not remove'.

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Well the government is gonna put captin hook on cigerettes to signify danger( cuz ppl apparently already don't know that), why not on iphones too lmao.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12