AT&T has hinted a new version of the iPhone OS will ship later this month, ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

iPhone 3.1 to ship next week, offer MMS and more, AT&T hints...

Advertisement

AT&T has hinted a new version of the iPhone OS will ship later this month, iPhone Software 3.1.
    The new software is likely to deliver on some of the promises made to AT&T users when iPhone 3.0 shipped, specifically MMS messaging (at last) and the capacity to engage in Bluetooth file transfers.
    iPhone 3.1 will also likely offer support for any of those features we’ve been hearing so much rumour and speculation about, such as social networking of iTunes songs played, potentially a subscription-based streaming music service and more.
    We also predict the software update will be made available for iPod touch users (yes, that’s pure speculation, but let’s face it, it’s the least likely unlikely you’ve ever seen this side of a specious double-negative).
    Whatever the content of the new patch, we’re pretty certain we’re going to know by the middle of next week on September 9, when Apple opens the curtains and informs the public and the industry of just how it’s going to improve its iPod products to maintain another year or two of market leadership. (Hint: It’s not just cameras, it’s what you can do with them that matters...).
    Also of interest to industry watchers is if we’re going to find out what those recently noticed ‘iProd0,1’ and ‘iProd1.1’ products are going to be - 6-inch giant iPod touch maybe? Or just a casual slice of rumour-mongering?
    Wait and see. It’s open season on speculation once again.

via 9to5Mac

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Thanks for the info srl, you're always on top of this stuff!! It's great

I'm honestly not too worried about MMS, I mean, it's cool, but I hardly EVER use it...I'm usually on the receiving end, and it's usually those dumb forwarded messages that I don't really care to receive. Bluetooth transfer on the other hand would be AWESOME!! That would totally impove MY iPhone experience, that's for sure. Won't hold my breathe, but this is good news none the less!

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hopefully this update is descent enough to not warrant another one for quite a while.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The Bluetooth Transfer would sure be nice. I hope IF true it's not iPhone to iPhone. I've never cared much for MMS it's a p0rn feature I don't want invading my phone.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    I like MMS. Especially when I am out and I need to send a picture of an item to my Wife so I know I'm getting the right thing. Or just to be able to send a quick text to my patnas of something "exxxtrodinary" that I have rolled up on! Hopefulyl some sort of digital zoom will be incorporated, but if not...it won't be a deal breaker for me as for my personal interests the camera is one of the best that I have had (incorporated within a phone).

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    srl - LOL, yeah, that was the biggest downer for me, was the iPhone's Bluetooth....especially switching from a BB where I was able to send ANYTHING via Bluetooth (to other phones capabale of retrieving). So, hopefully it is NOT iPhone to iPhone, that would SUCK!!! And I agre, MMS isn't really a feature I use, hardly ever, if I want to send a pic, it goes via email..if my friends don't have email, then I guess they don't get to see it

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I like MMS but with my 8900 I can take a pic and send it via BBM easily too. Of course this is ATT, so I will believe it, WHEN I see it!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I don't have any mms issues on my 8900 with tmo.
    It's funny how the 3.0 promisses mms but the 3.1 is the one that will be making offical.
    So happy I stuck with my bb.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I don't have any mms issues on my 8900 with tmo.
    It's funny how the 3.0 promisses mms but the 3.1 is the one that will be making offical.
    So happy I stuck with my bb.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20

High five!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Well I hope this is the real deal. I never realized how much I appreciated mms until I didn't have it.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    High five!
    Amen!
    Don't promise anything unless your ready to deliver. That's why they are being sued.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    Amen!
    Don't promise anything unless your ready to deliver. That's why they are being sued.

Thats how it should be!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!