It’s time to go back, folks. Waaay back. Back to a simpler time; back when ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Happy MMS On iPhone Day

Advertisement

It’s time to go back, folks. Waaay back. Back to a simpler time; back when the government was busy with Enron and leaving No Child Behind. Back when the best Nintendo handheld the world knew had one screen and looked vaguely like a clam, and smart phones cost upwards of $600 – on contract.
    We’re talking, of course, about 2002. Why are we having this little time travel adventure, you ask? Because 2002 also happens to be the same year MMS, otherwise known as “Multimedia Messaging Service” or “How people send inappropriate pictures to each other when they’re drunk”, made its big debut. Today, just 819 days and 3 models after launch, AT&T’s iPhone has found this futuristic feature. We loves us some iPhone around these parts – but anybody who thinks its acceptable that it took AT&T this long to get a feature found on every dumbphone since 2003 onto their flagship handset is taking too many sips of the fanboy juice.
    It’s not live quite yet – but expect it sometime around lunch time, wherever you are. Remember, you’ll most likely have to plug into iTunes for a carrier update.

Source:TechCrunch

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    All i can say is; Hahahahahahahah!!!!
    "TGFBB".... Thank God For Blackberries.
    Hey,, Congrats to all you Iphone users. Now i can send I my buddies with iphones pics....
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

charmed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7A06F63C

Lightbulb AT&T MMS NO AVAILABLE FOR IPHONE3G AND IPHONE 3GS

Customers can obtain the update from iTunes, just like all other iPhone updates. Just go to itunes and install the carrier update.customers will be able to send photo, picture and video via mms on iphone 3gs and 3gs

************SENDING MESSAGES WITH VIDEO ONLY AVAILABLE ON IPHONE 3GS*************************

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I just updated and it's nice to see the tiny new little icon on the screen. Sadly I still won't use it.

KarlJ no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask 4 it
    yippie.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    A Follow up:

AT&T 'pleased' with iPhone MMS rollout three days in

“We are pleased with the rollout of MMS” to iPhone, said spokesman Mark Siegel in an e-mail sent about 9 a.m, reiterating comments he made when the service launched Friday.

Siegel also gave no date when tethering would be activated for the iPhone, saying only that it was still coming. Lack of the feature, which allows iPhone owners to use the devices to connect a laptop to the Internet wirelessly, was also a frequent concern of users who were commenting on MMS performance over the weekend.

Hundreds of customers lodged comments on AT&T’s Facebook page over the weekend as well as dozens on Computerworld. Some noted when and where in the U.S. an MMS activation was dead or said it would take 15 to 20 minutes to send a photo. Sometimes a photo would be sent, with the transmission stopped suddenly three-fourths of the way through.

“MMS still not working here,” wrote Remba Webster about 3 a.m. Monday on AT&T’s Facebook page. “Red exclamation on every text message. Customer service can’t seem to figure out what’s wrong. Soooo frustrating.”

A Facebook contributor named Taimur Asad forwarded a note on how users could enable MMS as well as tethering to iPhone 3.0.1 software, using a crack from StealthBravo.

Todd Kenny remarked that MMS was not working in south Wisconsin about 7 a.m. ET today, but then added, “I still think the iPhone is the best damn smartphone!!”

Kaleb Barr, at about 1 a.m. ET today said he was only able to send and receive MMS to other AT&T customers, and it would not work over Wi-Fi. He called it “super slow” on the EDGE net. But, as was often the case with commenters correcting one another, Arthur Gomez said he could send MMS on Wi-Fi and to non-AT&T customers.

AT&T had said in the summer it was working to ready its network for MMS, and missed an earlier deadline of the end of summer by three days to do so. Still some customers questioned why the activation took so long and still wasn’t working well for them over the weekend. Others said many phones already have tethering and MMS, and what was wrong with the iPhone on AT&T?

Angela Heckard asked for a credit for the days MMS was supposed to be working, although AT&T has been charging for MMS as part of its regular text messaging fees.

“I pay good money for what my all-powerful iPhone is supposed to be able to do and the company isn’t coming through for its customers,” she wrote Sunday night. “If I pay for it, I should have it.”

Source: MacWorld