Despite having one of the most popular online photo services in the world, Flickr has ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Flickr Finally Goes Native With iPhone App

Advertisement

Despite having one of the most popular online photo services in the world, Flickr has done things the hard way on the iPhone. That is to say, for browsing photos they’ve made you go through their optimized website, and for uploading you had to do it through email. Both worked fine, but were not as seamless as a native iPhone application. Now they have that as well.

Yahoo’s Flickr app has just gone live in the App Store. After only a little bit of time using it, I can tell that I’m going to like it. The main screen is a fairly mesmerizing slideshow of photos from your contacts on Flickr. There is an upload button that is easily accessible right on the main page, and the upload process is nice and easy. You can obviously name your picture and give it a description, but you can also easily manage what set to put it in, and what tags to give it. And the privacy settings are very clearly displayed on the upload page. iTunes Link:

More from TechCrunch:
    Last edited by srl7741; 09-08-2009 at 12:05 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I need to spend some time playing with both flickr and photobucket and their respective iPhone apps. I have tons of pics that need to be uploaded and organized, spread across 3 different computers.....I just need to decide which service will work best for me. I have the photobucket app, I guess I will get this one too, upload pics to both and play around with them....but I feel procrastination sneaking up on me again
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Yeah I hear you... I have photos everywhere it seems... Live.com, a store for printing... some facebook, ...ugg

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Lol, I felt your pain and I decided on Flickr. Actually after installing the App I'm impressed with it so far. Currently I don't have anything that bothers me about the App. It's laid out well and easy to navigate. You first sign in via Safari but after that you remain in the App for everything.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Which has better storage limits for free per month... Flickr or Photobucket?

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    I absolutely hate the Flickr app for BlackBerry. I would like to be able to view photos, but all we can do is upload photos.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    Which has better storage limits for free per month... Flickr or Photobucket?
    How many photos and videos can I upload for free?

When you have a free Flickr account, you can upload 2 videos and 100MB worth of photos each calendar month.

While the 100MB bandwidth limit for photos is firm, we do allow a little leeway for video in case you encounter transcoding errors, sound sync weirdness, etc. You will be able to delete and upload a new video. Please note, that if we determine you’re abusing your free video upload privileges, we may block your ability to share video.

Your upload limits are reset to zero at midnight in Pacific Time Zone (Flickr headquarters time) on the first of each calendar month. You can't recover any of your monthly allowance by deleting photos. If you have a free account, you'll see your limit on the upload page.

If you find yourself hitting your limit, try a pro account. Or, you can shoot your photos at a lower resolution or resize them to be more "web-friendly" (like 300KB instead of 5MB)

What do I get with a Pro account?

When you upgrade to a Pro account for just US$24.95 a year (or R$45.90 if you’re in Brazil ) you get all this:

Unlimited photo uploads (20MB per photo)
    Unlimited video uploads (90 seconds max, 500MB per video)
    The ability to show HD Video
    Unlimited storage
    Unlimited bandwidth
    Archiving of high-resolution original images
    The ability to replace a photo
    Post any of your photos or videos in up to 60 group pools
    Ad-free browsing and sharing
    View count and referrer statistics
    Compare that to what you get with a Free Account:

100 MB monthly photo upload limit (10MB per photo)
    2 video uploads each month (90 seconds max, 150MB per video)
    Photostream views limited to the 200 most recent images
    Post any of your photos in up to 10 group pools
    Only smaller (resized) images accessible (though the originals are saved in case you upgrade later)

Darryl71, here's a link for photobucket, if you click See all pro features" it will bring up a side by side comparrison between free and premium.

Well I tested out both apps, and the flickr app has more features, with the photobucket one you can't even add descriptions. But the flickr app was a crashaholic last night! I restarted my iPod Touch and will test it again later today but last night the app crashed about 8 times on me lol
    Twitter? My Apps List

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Its apple, so its more likely to cost money! I am all about a free app!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

It's free, apple is rolling in free apps and apps that cost $5 on BB are only 99 cents in the iTunes App Store...apple's got bb beat there.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I've been beating the App up since installing and it has not crashed even one time. I don't have a Touch tho. iPhone only. I'm still happy with it using the free account.

It behaved since the restart, I like it.
    Twitter? My Apps List