Add eBook Reader to the long list of features for the highly-anticipated Palm Pre phone. ... Apple iPhone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Download Shortcovers for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone or Pre

Advertisement

Add eBook Reader to the long list of features for the highly-anticipated Palm Pre phone. Shortcovers by Indigo Books & Music, Inc. today announced the service will available on the newest phone from Palm, the Palm Pre. Shortcovers (www.shortcovers.com) is an integrated online and mobile service that provides access to eBooks from any mobile device. Shortcovers’ catalogue of popular books includes titles from major publishers including Random House, Harper Collins, Hachette, Simon & Schuster, Penguin and Harlequin. “We’re excited to make Shortcovers available on Palm Pre. Pre’s high resolution screen and innovative design make it a great eReading choice for consumers,” said Michael Serbinis, President of Shortcovers. “We are committed to providing eBooks to consumers on the mobile device they already own.”

Shortcovers is available for free on Pre as part of the on-device beta App Catalog. Running on the new Palm webOS™ mobile platform, the new Palm Pre brings together your important information from where it resides – on your phone, at your work or on the web – into one logical view.

“We developed Pre for people who want an intuitive phone that helps them stay connected to their entire life – not just work or play,” said Pam Deziel, vice president, Developer Marketing, Palm, Inc. “eReaders are incredibly popular right now, and with Shortcovers, Pre provides a great reading experience for our customers.”
    The Palm Pre phone is available now. For more information or to download Shortcovers, visit www.shortcovers.com.

About the Palm Pre Phone
    Palm Pre is the first phone running the new Palm webOS™ platform, which brings together your important information from where it resides – on your phone, at your work or on the web – into one logical view.(1) Palm Synergy™, a key feature of webOS, pulls your contacts and calendars from places like Outlook, Google and Facebook, so everything is right there for you when you need it. Palm Pre also lets you flip back and forth between all the things you have open at once—instead of opening and closing them—so you can flow easily between activities without losing your place. Pre’s exquisite design includes a touch screen and a physical keyboard that slides out only when needed. The new Palm Pre and webOS are designed to be so in sync with your needs that it feels like Pre is thinking ahead for you. More information about the Palm Pre phone is available at www.palm.com/Pre.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I've never used any type of eBook reader app so this seems like a stupid question, but does it actually read the book to you? Just seems like the BB screen is too small to have to try to read a book on.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Great app! Thanx Hayden!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

EDIT: I had to disable my Firewall to get it to stop giving me the tried to open something or other inside and outside my FW. But otherwise the app works Beutifully! I reccomned this one guys!
    Last edited by ted; 06-12-2009 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Added comment

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    I'm going to check this out. Looks cool

blacksheep10 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248C54BB
    looks good

Jonathank110 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F7AB0
    sounds pretty cool

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quick Question, can anyone tell if this app uses the BIS connection or WAP? Got a sneaking suspicion it may use WAP.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel View Post
    I've never used any type of eBook reader app so this seems like a stupid question, but does it actually read the book to you? Just seems like the BB screen is too small to have to try to read a book on.
    I doubt it. It may have audiobooks available for you but all ebook readers are just that, ebook readers. I agree that the BB screens are probably too small for it to work well, but I've been using Stanza on the iphone for ebooks and I love it.