washingtonpost.com : Will Apple do to the camcorder industry what it has done to the ... Apple iPhone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Could Apple Secretly Be Working On An iPhone Camcorder?

Advertisement

washingtonpost.com: Will Apple do to the camcorder industry what it has done to the music industry? Yes, according to an article in BusinessWeek today, which strings together a number of events to make the bold prediction that we are "about six weeks away from the next big thing."

It argues that Apple is on the cusp of turning the iPhone into a powerful camcorder that would get rid of cumbersome cables and complicated video-editing software. "My gut tells me Apple will make the iPhone a one-stop studio for recording, editing, viewing and sharing your own videos. Actually, more than my gut. I've spoken with a source that is familiar with Apple's plans for the next iPhone, which may well be announced at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference in early June."

[read more]

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    videorecorder3G download it.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

k1stunr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404AC13
    Ok cellphones that record video are nothing new so why when apple does it does it seem so innovative. Yeah and I'm pretty sure its not gonna record at hd quality so don't throw away your dedicated camcorder yet!!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Because when Apple does it, it's so much more than just the feature. It's what can be done after and how it's done. The integration and ease of use and the ability to do so much more than just shoot a video and leave it on the phone for use from a small screen.

So it's not so much the video but rather what can be done with the video after shooting it.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ exactly

"My gut tells me Apple will make the iPhone a one-stop studio for recording, editing, viewing and sharing your own videos.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    ^^ exactly
    definitely check out videorecorder3G.

you can do everything but edit already.

multiple formats and bitrates, youtube or email upload to share, different video modes. its a sweet program overall and the best thing about it... its already available.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i actually kinda enjoy the fact that apple likes to make everything inhouse and put a twist on it... it makes them different... mostly enjoyable...

although i cant say id ever be at the edge of my seat for an apple anything, but i enjoy their innovations from afar...
    i see RED...