Blogs.computerworld.com : (Mike Elgan) "When the Apple iPhone first shipped in late June of 2007, ... Apple iPhone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

ComputerWorld Blogger: Why I switched from a BlackBerry Pearl to an iPhone

Advertisement

Blogs.computerworld.com: (Mike Elgan) "When the Apple iPhone first shipped in late June of 2007, the hype was deafening, but I wasn't having any. Even the most superficial cost-benefit analysis showed that iPhone couldn't hold a candle to my beloved BlackBerry Pearl.

Sure, the iPhone had a bigger and better screen -- much bigger and much better -- and an awesomely innovative and usable user interface. But the flaws were many: too big, too slow, no keyboard, no copy-and-paste, lousy battery life -- and the device was just too big."

[Read More]

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Interesting article. Kinda the same way I feel about my curve at the moment. But I cannot afford to give up on my free GPS app and cut/paste and mms without having to jailbreak an iphone to just get mms. So, to that individual I'll only say one thing. Sure, it's nice to have a gazillion apps but none that I'm actually looking for at the moment.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Interesting article. Kinda the same way I feel about my curve at the moment. But I cannot afford to give up on my free GPS app and cut/paste and mms without having to jailbreak an iphone to just get mms. So, to that individual I'll only say one thing. Sure, it's nice to have a gazillion apps but none that I'm actually looking for at the moment.

I agree with you 100%. There is a whole lot of things that I can do on my BB that I wouldn't be able to do on the Iphone. That is why I stayed. Hopefully apple will fix that with the new iphone coming out this summer. If they don't; then I think they will never do.

And majority of the apps they have is for kids and people that don't have anything better or constructive to do with there free time. I found like 3 out of 100 apps that I will be able to use a lot. the rest is a waste of time and money.
    Last edited by planneau; 03-02-2009 at 12:04 PM.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had a blackberry 8100 now i have a HTC Touch Pro, A few of my friends have iPhones and i think they are cool devices with great apps but considering apple has 1 phone to worry about and rim & windows mobile has tons of phones to worry about is what makes the difference (RIM & the WinMo arena has tons of devices for all different users). while the iPhone has great apps i think its kinda unacceptable for the iPhone to have a super crappy camera, no copy & paste, no MMS among other things... my touch pro has good battery life, copy & paste, Virtual keyboard & physical keyboard, MMS, 3.2 megapixel camera w/flash and tons of free apps... im gonna stick with my touchpro but i can see why people would buy an iPhone

jonfredric no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    And majority of the apps they have is for kids and people that don't have anything better or constructive to do with there free time. I found like 3 out of 100 apps that I will be able to use a lot. the rest is a waste of time and money.
    greatly misinformed!

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    making the jump from a blackberry pearl (which i'll assume was first gen 8100) to an iphone is like making the switch from a 1995 camry to a 2008 mercedes...

the iphone app store is the strongest feature going for the iphone but before he made that decision he should of looked into the bold or 8900.

Bikeberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    I switched from my 8130 to the iPhone last week. The iPhone is like my Subaru...... turbocharged and sooooo much fun to drive!

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    Evrything I need in a phone I have on my BB Curve. I do think the iPhone is a cool device and when it came out I wanted it. But with all the features I get out of my Curve I think ill be a BB guy for life.

Pearloid no está en línea Stack level 2
    i'll just take my BB and maybe get an ipod touch when i can afford one. have my BB for phone usage and business, and the touch for play.

Or, i might as well get the storm when my area merges to Verizon..

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    i had a pearl until last week and while i miss my blackberry, i like the iphone much better. i do miss having BBM, copy/cut and paste and a longer battery life but theres so many more things that the iphone can do better. that being said, ill be getting the new curve or whatever theyre gonna call the next blackberry whenever AT&T releases it.