Business Insider: RIM's (RIMM) BlackBerry is still the go-to smartphone for business use. But thanks ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

CHART OF THE DAY: iPhone 'Surprisingly Popular' For Business

Advertisement

Business Insider: RIM's (RIMM) BlackBerry is still the go-to smartphone for business use. But thanks to employee-owned iPhones, Apple (AAPL) is cracking into the corporate market, and is "surprisingly popular," according to Goldman Sachs.

Notably, some 50% of iPhone owners responding to a Goldman survey say they use their iPhone for "both personal and business use." We imagine that would have been a lower percentage even a year ago

Follow the Chart Of The Day on Twitter: www.twitter.com/chartoftheday

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Another Chart:

I've never been a hugh Chart fan but it seems today I'm bumping into Charts. Below is another interesting Chart to look over.
    I'm HiJacking my own thread and opening it up to everything chart related in the news.

AllThingD: by John Paczkowski

iPhone Claims 32% of Handset Industry Operating Profits

With the iPhone, Apple is doing to the handset industry what it has done to the PC industry with the Mac: Claiming an inordinate share of profits relative to revenue.

Bernstein Research analyst Toni Sacconaghi estimates that Apple (AAPL), though it is only the fifth-largest handset vendor, claimed nearly a third of handset industry profits in the first half of 2009 (see table below; click to enlarge).

“Our analysis indicates that Apple’s iPhone accounted for only 8% of handset industry revenues but 32% of industry operating profits in 1H09,” Sacconaghi wrote in a note to clients today. “Even if we exclude the operating losses generated by Motorola and Sony Ericsson, Apple still accounted for 25% of industry profits. iPhone’s success is akin to Apple’s position in the PC industry–where the company enjoys an estimated 25% of industry profits, despite capturing only 6% of industry revenues.”

Read More