From Seekingalpha.com : You almost have to admire AT&T’s consistency. They are consistently finding new ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Can AT&T Handle the iPhone?

Advertisement

From Seekingalpha.com: You almost have to admire AT&T’s consistency. They are consistently finding new ways to screw up almost daily now. The latest issue involves the story we covered Tuesday about apps using the Google Voice service getting pulled from Apple’s App Store. In a follow-up post, we didn’t exactly go out on a limb suggesting that it was AT&T and not Apple, that was responsible for the app being pulled. After all, word is that Apple VP Phil Schiller personally ushered one of those apps, GV Mobile, through the approval process initially. And today brings word that the apps were indeed removed at AT&T’s request. Daring Fireball’s John Gruber cites a “reliable little birdie” on the news, and we’ve just heard the same thing from a source as well.

While some found it very hard to believe that AT&T would be the ones behind something like this, given that it allows Google Voice apps on other phones on its network, those kind of contradictions are nothing new when it comes to AT&T with the iPhone. It’s the same contradiction that prevents the SlingPlayer iPhone app from working on AT&T’s network, while it works just fine on other AT&T devices. And the same one that is likely to cripple a Hulu app, if it ever gets released.

Read More

Your thoughts below?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I've seen a few other articles citing 'sources' saying that it was in-fact AT&T, but I just cannot for the life of me, understand why some companies go out of their way to annoy their customers and cripple their devices. It is especially frustrating if you're one of those people who have no real choice of carrier in your area and get stuck. Much like Telus blocking SMS and Alltel disabling GPS, it just doesn't make sense from a business perspective.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Also heard though that it will be available via jailbreak/cydia.....

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/07...dia-jailbreak/

cherylhandy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31017CDF
    I am very curious I have the BB Curve 88310 and I am currently thinking of selling it and buying the Apple Iphone. Can and everyone give me ideas as if this would be a good idea. Pros and Cons either way would love to hear from everyone that either one.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by cherylhandy View Post
    I am very curious I have the BB Curve 88310 and I am currently thinking of selling it and buying the Apple Iphone. Can and everyone give me ideas as if this would be a good idea. Pros and Cons either way would love to hear from everyone that either one.
    Oh boy that's a big, long answer for many people. These links will give you my impressions.

First Impressions of 3GS

Time to go iPhone

RIM Article voicing concerns about the future.

MobileMe - BES for the rest of us.

I left the BB Bold and switched to the iPhone and I'm happy i did. The UI is very nice and easy to use. There is a very short list of things i miss but pails in comparison to what the iPhone offers.

cherylhandy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31017CDF

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Oh boy that's a big, long answer for many people. These links will give you my impressions.

First Impressions of 3GS

Time to go iPhone

RIM Article voicing concerns about the future.

MobileMe - BES for the rest of us.

I left the BB Bold and switched to the iPhone and I'm happy i did. The UI is very nice and easy to use. There is a very short list of things i miss but pails in comparison to what the iPhone offers.

Now that was all very helpful information, and I do appriciate you sharing that with me. Now I havw to ask so far as the apps that come on the Ipone please tell me it has either yahoo or msn, lol or one that has both and that would be even better yet, lol

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is another link that will help

favorite iPhone Apps

Beejive or IM+ will take care of what you want. They combine all IM clients into one.
    I use Beejive and love it.

iTunes Social Networking Apps link