We have released Version 4.2 of Ascendo DataVault, our Password Manager for iPhone & iPod ... Apple iPhone News forum
Ascendo DataVault for iPhone - Version 4.2 Release
We have released Version 4.2 of Ascendo DataVault, our Password Manager for iPhone & iPod Touch (iTunes Link). DataVault stores confidential information such as credit card information, bank information and logins in a secure, encrypted format.
We’ve added several features and enhancements requested by users, see partial list and screen shots below.
- Enhanced security settings for maximum login attempts, security time out and auto-lock.
- Added copy-to-clipboard to password generator and item details screen.
- Implemented live links for email addresses & URLs. Improved detection of telephone numbers before prompting user to initiate phone call.
- Added support for synchronizing unicode character sets (é, ń, ü) with DataVault Desktop.
- Numerous other usability improvements.
For a detailed product description, click here.
We would be glad to hear from you. For technical assistance, please email wallet_support[AT]ascendo-inc.com. For all other comment and inquiries, please email info[AT]ascendo-inc.com.
Last edited by Ascendo; 12-10-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Free Version - Data Vault Password Manager
Apple just approved the free version of Ascendo DataVault (iTunes Link).
The free version is limited to 10 items and doesn't sync with DataVault Desktop. We created this version so users can test DataVault before deciding whether to buy the Paid version (iTunes Link). Apple doesn't allow timed trials so this seems to be the best option at the current time. If you appreciate the availability of free trial versions, please rate it before uninstalling.
Does look easy to use. Might try this out
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
Nice thanks. I love these organiser things. Actually useful aps.
Have bought the mobile version and noticed that when you enter new info there is no save/finish button, you just hit back to save.
Have tried trial of the desktop version and I think the sync must only be by bluetooth and I cannt get it to work, my laptop doesnt have bluetooth. There doesnt seem to be an option to sync via cable but need to look into this more.
So far impressed with the software.
Originally Posted by vince1
Unfortunately, Apple doesn't allow 3rd party apps to synchronize data through iTunes. The best solution we have found for now is to sync over Wi-Fi. For more information please see our online user guide and FAQ page, links available from the DataVault for iPHone description page.
If you have any problems, please send me a PM or email wallet_support[AT]ascendo-inc.com
Got the link sorted. Works well
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16
We have released DataVault for Mac OS desktops with wifi synchronization to Ascendo DataVault for iPhone & iPod Touch.* DataVault for Mac is a full-featured password manager, not just a backup utility. See below for partial list of features.
- Display items in tree view, organized by category & type, or list view (see screen shot).
- Two-way synchronization over wifi with conflict resolution.*
- Select from 25 pre-defined templates or create your own.
- Generate passwords choosing length and types of characters.
- Use strength meter to determine if passwords are weak, good or strong.
* Synchronization with DataVault for BlackBerry is in beta testing.
For a product description, user guide, FAQ and link to download free trial, click here.
For technical assistance, please email wallet_support[AT]ascendo-inc.com. For all other comments, suggestions or inquiries, please email info[AT]ascendo-inc.com or send private message.
Tags for this Thread