via AppleInsider : Customers who flocked to Apple's latest iPhone upgrade were overwhelmingly satisfied with ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Apple's iPhone 3GS has 99 percent satisfaction rate

Advertisement

via AppleInsider:
    Customers who flocked to Apple's latest iPhone upgrade were overwhelmingly satisfied with their purchase, but AT&T's network didn't fare nearly as well, a new survey shows.

A total of 99 percent of 200 respondents to a RBC/IQ ChangeWave survey in August said they are satisfied with their iPhone 3GS, with 82 percent of those "Very Satisfied." That's an improvement from the already-stellar statistics on the last two iterations of the iPhone, of which 73 percent of customers gave a superior ranking. Similarly, 94 percent of iPhone 3GS buyers said the product met or exceeded their expectations.

But the iPhone's U.S. carrier, AT&T, was seen as the product's biggest pitfall. When iPhone 3GS owners were asked to rank what they dislike about the product, 55 percent chose the AT&T network. That was followed by the 41 percent who felt the device's battery life is too short, and 8 percent who said their company's IT department doesn't support the product.

Read More

Last edited by srl7741; 08-14-2009 at 04:47 PM.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hmm that's good news for the operating syatem, but I am always suspicous when I see statements like 99% satisfaction, statistics are never that good. Even more worrisome is the other post concerning the class acton lawsuit over mms, so we're these guys not polled.

Having said that I am sure people are happy with the 3Gs just not 99%
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    There is one more vote of satisfaction right here. As for the MMS lawsuit, I know AT&T promised it but there are people who live to complain. If I remember correctly it was promised by the end of the summer and or with the release of the up and coming 3.1 IPSW. I'm willing to bet the immediate release of MMS won't help the struggling economy, cure AIDS, cancer, or help find a resolve for world peace. IMO at the end of the day iPhone rocks
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 08-15-2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: format

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Its absolutely true tha people love to complain which is why I wondered about the 99%. I am absolutely sure that the Iphone is a great phone and that those that have it love it. I am not dising the phone just the survey

Glad you love your phone, plus I know you are one of the guys that helps people on the stacks, so I respect your opinion and certainly agree on the cures, although I think that finding a cure for AIDS and cancer may be more difficult than putting software on a phone.

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    The iphone is an excellent phone but to take survey as is related here is a bit farfetched! I'm not trying to say that they can't have a high score but that they need more truthful stats !
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.127 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jhutton12 View Post
    The iphone is an excellent phone but to take survey as is related here is a bit farfetched! I'm not trying to say that they can't have a high score but that they need more truthful stats !
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.127 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106
    So you have proof that they aren't truthful? Please share............
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

blacberry215 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30CB1546
    wowow though bout getting one

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm not big on stats/charts/survey's either. I think most would agree they can be shaped to reflect almost anything depending on their intended purpose.
    On the other hand I've been very happy with my iPhone and would not even think about going to another. Say what you will about Apple but one thing is true. They shape the industry and I'm tired of using yesterdays stuff. It would be nice to see someone else step up to the plate and give us something new to use. All though lately I've been dissappointed in a few things (GV App rejection) I'm staying with it b/c overall it's the only device that continues to evolve at a pace that suites me. It goes without saying this only holds true for me. Others would say the same for the BB. I would argue nothing has changed since the first Pearl. I really wish the carriers would stop holding back the device makers. That's what is frustrating for me the most.

This is the kind of stuff I want to see from now on with our devices, not the typicle Start Menu button with a list of Program Files to choose from.

YouTube Link
    Last edited by srl7741; 08-15-2009 at 01:04 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Ok I would aggre that the Iphone is an innovative excellent phone which has its problems like all diffeent phones and computers have. Although I am a BB user if I could afford 2 phones a 3Gs would definitely be my other phone.

Let's get to the survey. 200 people were polled, we do not know how the questions were phrased but the outcome was 99% positive, so I question the survey, as I question a lot of the political surevys out there. I have spent too long playing with statistics to believe in them. As it was once said "there are lies, damned lies and statistics"

So read the polls enjoy them and start the debate, and enjoy your phones. As stated above we need to see an improvement in the operating system of the blackberry, the Iphone has started the change and started the competition let's see the others step up and add to their systems.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963
    I think the survey isn't accurate except they may be suggesting that they are satisfied with the iPhone, in comparison to having an alternative smart phone. I doubt anyone would leave the iPhone to another phone, except maybe that %1