From CNET : Apple confirmed on Tuesday the death of a man who worked at ... Apple iPhone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Apple Worker in China Commits Suicide After Loosing 4gen Prototype iPhone

Advertisement

From CNET: Apple confirmed on Tuesday the death of a man who worked at an iPhone plant in China. According to various Chinese media reports, the worker at Chinese manufacturer Foxconn committed suicide last week after a fourth-generation iPhone prototype for which he was responsible went missing.

"We are saddened by the tragic loss of this young employee, and we are awaiting results of the investigations into his death," Apple spokeswoman Kristin Huguet told CNET on Tuesday. "We require our suppliers to treat all workers with dignity and respect."

Read More | Source

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Wow! That's very sad and a severe reaction. No phone is worth a life, I don't care what it is!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    That's sad. I agree. A small thing like a phone or even a job is not worth a life. I feel sorry for his family.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Its a real shame. :/

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Yeah this kinda thing makes apple look bad even!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    China, Respect for their company, Job diligence, yeah very sad indeed, I would be interested in how they feel about it over there.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    That is just crazy! Def nothing to kill yourself over....
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Yeah this kinda thing makes apple look bad even!
    I don't agree at all. It happened at an Apple plant, but why would that make the company look bad? As a culture the Chinese hold honor at the utmost importance, and this man would rather face death than a life of dishonor. It's a totally different culture there, and one that's very hard to wrap our mind around. It has nothing to do with the company, and I would hope nobody is short sighted enough to think Apple is somehow responsible.

sweetkalena no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PLZask
    Wow. Makes u wonder wut kind of punishment he thought he was going to get. Will pray for the family to be strong

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It is a very sad thing, reading the source article via google translate was not easy to really understand...The culture is very different, and I believe that companies there do put pressures and expectations on their employees that would be hard to live up to.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

taynepope no está en línea Stack level 2
    I agree. Prayers for his family...

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Glad it didn't happen here. Or some idiot woulda went postal. Strength to the family through this time.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    An update to this Story, seems the Family has reached a settlement with Foxconn.

A Foxconn official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said Tuesday the company will give Sun Danyong's parents a one-time payment of 360,000 yuan ($52,600), according to an Associated Press report. The company also agreed to pay an additional 30,000 yuan ($4,385) for each year either of the parents is alive, the AP said.
    That figure is higher than that reported Monday by The New York Times, which stated that the family was receiving 300,000 Chinese renminbi, or about $44,000, and that his girlfriend was getting an Apple laptop

Article

MichelleM no está en línea Stack level 1
    The I-phone isn't even worth carrying as a phone why would anybody kill themself first off and then why would the company think they needed to pay the family?