via AppleInsider : China Unicom intends to sell it first iPhones in September, and has ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Apple sells 5 million iPhones to China Unicom

Advertisement

via AppleInsider:

China Unicom intends to sell it first iPhones in September, and has purchased $1.46 billion worth of the devices from Apple, according to new reports.

Citing local media's claims this week, the International Business Times states that Apple sold 5 million iPhones to the company at a cost of 10 billion yuan. That means the custom WCDMA phones without Wi-Fi sold for 2,000 yuan, or $293 each.

"The price of the 8G standard iPhone is set at about 2,400 yuan and the 16G may be sold at 4,800 yuan," said Yu Zaonan, general manager of the customer development department of China Unicom in Guangzhou.

To put the 5 million total in perspective, the iPhone maker sold 5.2 million total iPhones worldwide in the last financial quarter.

Full Article

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    So then China Mobile did tell Apple to take their deal and go pound sand. Nice. It means they will be pushing Android hard in that country.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

steve2039 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30760CA8
    Hmmm...cdma tech in iphones really opens some possibilities for the U.S. ...china could be a test market for the hardware aspect...
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by steve2039 View Post
    Hmmm...cdma tech in iphones really opens some possibilities for the U.S. ...china could be a test market for the hardware aspect...
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963
    CDMA iPhone? NO! I am too selfish for that. I want the iPhone all to me and my AT&T! Overpriced and crowded network all the way!