fortune.cnn.com : When Barclays’ Ben Reitzes refers to the “stickiness” of Apple’s iPhone, he’s not ... Apple iPhone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Apple’s “sticky” iPhone

Advertisement

fortune.cnn.com: When Barclays’ Ben Reitzes refers to the “stickiness” of Apple’s iPhone, he’s not talking about adhesives on the product’s surface. (Indeed, the iPhone seems to us as slippery as ever, which may be why there’s such a lively market in protective cases.)

What he’s referring to in a report to clients issued Tuesday is a lock-in effect, whereby iPhone and iPod touch owners who buy from the App Store become increasing unlikely to switch to a competing product. Reitzes calls this a “key differentiating factor”:
    “This software strategy enables a distinctive “stickiness” for the iPhone, which should enhance customer loyalty over the long-term. We believe ‘apps’ personalize iPhones to levels that competitors cannot match. We also believe strong interest in the App Store is helping to pull through iPod touch units.”
    [read more]

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    When they turned their attention from excellent computers to smartphones, Apple shook up an entire industry with it's talent and ability.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    this is true. i'm switching because of this. yes. you heard right. i'm getting an iphone. no more 8320.

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I used an iphone for the first time extensively the other day. After about 45 minutes of use, I decided that the blackberry would act as a much more efficient communication device that will get things done more quickly than the iphone. The apps for iphone are nice and shiny, but besides all the apps and the slick user interface, I felt like the iphone was more of a gimmicky web-phone (basically just an itouch with a phone attached). I'm not dissing the iphone, and if it keeps improving and becoming more efficient, I would probably switch myself over myself (except I think there will always be a competitor who will provide a powerful alternative). My 8900 just seems to operate more quickly when using it for multiple applications or when using it simply as a multi-communications devise.
    If I need a smart phone for useful apps to help maximize my daily efficiency I would turn to Blackberry. If I did not mind a slightly slower OS navigation, and if I wanted the same or similar apps which are on the blackberry (plus TONS of fun and games apps), and I really cared about having a sleek and pretty phone, I would totally go with the Apple. The iphone is the way to go for TONS of fun and games, but at this point there is no way I would switch.

Apples media hype and marketing arrogance are the top main reasons why I do not buy their products anymore (I've used apple products throughout the last 7-8 years and back in the 80's as well).
    Last edited by icaro2000; 02-11-2009 at 05:47 AM.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    this is true. i'm switching because of this. yes. you heard right. i'm getting an iphone. no more 8320.

I'm switching when they release the next one in (hopefully) June. I'm pretty sure the 3rd installment will definitely get me to switch over.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

~via smartphone~ I'm getting the 2g though as I will be staying with tmobile. Cheaper plan with an iphone? Sounds good to me!

~via 8320~ lol why's everyone against apple on this one? Are you all secretly wanting multi touch devices but don't want to admit to switching to apple?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I don't know about the rest but I confess that when I first got into Blackberrys I was all about it and no iphone would get me to switch but seeing how RIM's been treating its consumers lately I've been having second thoughts. You know there's a saying that goes around like this: "don't bite the hand that feeds you" ... Anyway, after seeing how Apple has been successfully advancing with so many nice applications for its iphone I'm more than ever willing to make the switch. BUT!! and that is a big "but" I'm only willing to switch when they get copy/paste. I could care less about the camera and other fancy crappola. Get me the basics and then we can talk about the perks later; but hey that's just me .
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?