Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Apple today released iPhone OS 3.1.2, addressing several issues regarding waking from sleep, network service ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Apple Releases iPhone OS 3.1.2

Advertisement

Apple today released iPhone OS 3.1.2, addressing several issues regarding waking from sleep, network service disruption, and crashing during video streaming. iPhone users should connect their iPhones to iTunes and click the "Check for Update" button...

This update contains bug fixes and improvements, including the following:

- Resolves sporadic issue that may cause iPhone to not wake from sleep
    - Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart
    - Fixes bug that could cause occasional crash during video streaming

The update is compatible with all iPhone models and weighs in at approximately 240 MB. Apple introduced iPhone OS 3.1 almost exactly one month ago, bringing a number of new features including Genius recommendation for applications, Genius Mixes for music and purchasing of pre-cut ringtones.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    thx! I don't think i've had any of those issues on 3.1. Strange.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    OMG I give up they change it up every other week now.

keeping up with the changes sucks!!! I love it
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Let me guess.....this also stumps Palm from sneaking in the Itunes backdoor again? lol
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Wow! it really is like an update a week neo LOL. This does suck...but I'm more than happy with 3.0.1. NO complaints here (at all)

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Same here with 3.0.1
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    ask
    you guys sound like my wife, i think she'll stay on 3.0.1 forever. Come on take the jump already!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Is this only for the iPhone?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C146 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Is this only for the iPhone?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C146 Safari/528.16
    As I see you are posting via iPod. No this isn't for the iPod.

Oh ok. I was just wondering. Yup on posting from my iPod touch which runs the same OS as the iPhone.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Update: A corresponding update is also available for the iPod touch

Thanks. Now I need internet access so I can get it.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I took the plunge and updated. I was not having any issues either but when I read the part about

- Resolves sporadic issue that may cause iPhone to not wake from sleep

I do recall this happening to me a few times and I just thought I missed the button or something. So I'm going to find out if this really fixes that issue.

I also noticed after updating I was prompted to update the carrier file again. Not sure what that was for yet?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    I have NO issues....at all, my iPhone runs smoothly! I mean, it is technically a computer, so of course it's gonna glitch and do some funny things from time to time.....but it happens to even the best PDA's/Smarphones/Computers. I just do a reboot every other day (usually) just as a precautionary, but I'm running great.

I have 2 coworkers who I share an office with, both have iPhone's and both are running 3.1, they have crash issues, bad battery life and the power down slider often gets stuck.......but, NOT ME LOL Running like a champ

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Im running 3.1 and I have to say I am happy, sucks that I lost official tethering but I gained MMS that isnt sporadic. MMS was the only thing that the iPhone ever lacked for me, I just cant bring myself to take the time to email everyone funny forwards and sext's lol.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast