Is the iPhone 3gS too fast for it's own good? There are now reports that ... Apple iPhone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Blog Entries

Apple Prepping iPhone 3.1 Software Update, Beta Out for Developers

Is the iPhone 3gS too fast for it's own good? There are now reports that the super-thin device has over heating issues. Does this have anything to do with the new 3.1 OS update?

Only two weeks after launching the 3.0 software update for iPhone and iPod Touch, Apple is now working hard to deliver an update to the iPhone OS. The iPhone SDK 3.1 beta was pushed out to developers last night, and the recipients report the software already has a few new features and refinements.

Read More

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Blog Entries
    I just heard about the 'over heating' issue, I've yet to experience anything of that sort with my iPhone, I am not really a (what you call) heavy user, but when I am working or playing through multiple apps, the phone does heat up a bit, but never to an unbearable high. I have the habit of rebooting my phone every so often to quit any app that maybe running in the background....it really helps!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm hoping it's not the reported over heating issue but rather in preperation of AT&T finally allowing MMS and Tethering. Mine gets warm but anything held in your hand is going to be warm. It does not slow down or lag and those are two things that will occure when over heating.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    if you want to enable tethering already just go to:
    http://help.benm.at/help.php on your iphone
    Last edited by neorabid; 07-02-2009 at 04:33 PM.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Blog Entries
    neorabid - YUP!! I have that profile, and it works =)

srl7741 - I have a buddy who just downloaded (yesterday) the 3.1 Beta, and he said that YES - 3.1 will bring MMS capabilities to AT&T
    Last edited by beeshabo; 07-02-2009 at 06:20 PM.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Apple Prepping iPhone 3.1 Software Update, Beta Out for Developers

I'm a heavy user on my iPhone 3GS and I've got no overheating problems at all so I'm guessing these are just isolated cases. Apple always seems quick to update their software and it seems to be for the benefit of the device. That said, there are always things that I feel should have been done before they released it. For example, one of the items getting fixed in the OS 3.1 update is Bluetooth connectivity for Voice Control. Its a fabulous feature, but it needs to connect with my Bluetooth speakerphone! I understand there are a few more features like MMS coming with the update so that's great.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    This could also be one of the reasons we are seeing 3.1 released.

Apple working to fix unreleased iPhone SMS exploit

-

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    MMS is already available on the 3.0 build. AT&T is simply blocking it on the iPhone while "capacity" issues are corrected. (The same is true for tethering although you can get around that currently as shown in previous posts.)

Basically, there are a ton of iPhones out there right now. I have heard that AT&T split the iPhone data traffic onto systems that are separate of the other devices. All these iPhones push a significant amount of data through AT&T's network- which is why they love for you to use wifi whenever possible . Imagine what happens when you flip the switch and allow all the additional traffic from MMS and tethering.

I personally doubt we will see "official" SMS on AT&T until mid to late august at best. (which still falls in-line with AT&T's earlier statements of it being available by "end of summer.")
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?