If you have an iPhone or iPod touch and your device is lost or stolen, ... Apple iPhone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Apple offers Remote Wipe for iPhone MobileMe users.

Advertisement

If you have an iPhone or iPod touch and your device is lost or stolen, you can remotely erase the information on it to prevent anyone else from seeing or using your personal information (requires iPhone software version 3.0 or later and your MobileMe account set up on the device). For more information about iPhone OS 3.0 availability and features, visit the iPhone OS software update website.
    iPhone OS website
    Note: If you’ve lost your device, you may want to try to find it using the Find My iPhone map (requires previous setup), or by displaying a message on your device’s screen. After you delete all the information on your device, you won’t able to use Find My iPhone to locate your device on a map or send it a message. For more information, see:

To delete the information on your lost iPhone or iPod touch:

1. If you’re not already logged in to MobileMe Account, go to www.me.com, log in, and then click the Account button in the toolbar at the top of the window.
    2. Click Find My iPhone in the sidebar (on the left).
    3. In the Remote Wipe section, click the Remote Wipe button.
      If the iPhone or iPod touch is online (turned on and connected to a data network such as Edge, 3G, or Wi-Fi), information deletion begins within seconds, and a confirmation email that the remote wipe has begun is sent to your MobileMe email account.
      If the iPhone or iPod touch is offline (not turned on or not connected to a data network), the information will be deleted the next time the device is online.

If you later find your iPhone or iPod touch after it has been erased, you can restore your information by connecting the device to your computer and restoring it from a previous backup using iTunes.

If you don’t expect to later find your iPhone, you should suspend your wireless service through your wireless service provider. If you don’t, you’ll continue to be responsible for any phone calls or other charges incurred.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I've tested it out a few times by using it and it works great. It's really a neat feature to have. You can also have multiple iPhones attached to the account and use it with more than one iPhone.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Wow. That's a great feature. Go Apple!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    OH its great; for those of you who paid the $99 for the Mobile me. Leave it to apple to release something that works with the iphone that cost almost half the price of the phone itself. LMAO got to love it.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I had MobileMe long before ever having an iPhone. I never even thought about owning an iPhone actually when I purchased MobileMe. At the time I was only looking for a seamless way to have all my Email, Contact, Images, Videos, Documents etc available all the time. MobileMe allowed everything to be sync'd at all times.

So when they added this new feature I just thought it was a nice perk. Truth is I will probably never use it. It's nice to know it's available "Just in case".

Never say never