9to5mac has been reporting Apple will begin selling the iPhone contract free to customers. Here ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Apple now offering iPhones contract free

Advertisement

9to5mac has been reporting Apple will begin selling the iPhone contract free to customers. Here will be the prices we can expect to see, $499 for 8GB, $599 for 16GB and 32GB is $699. This will also be one unit per person per day.

This is an interesting move by Apple and I have to wonder if it's in response to AT&T recently announcing they would begin selling the Palm Pre and Pixi devices. Could it also be in response to Google selling the Nexus One built for the AT&T Network?

More from 9to5mac
    More from Engadget

Before you ask? Yes the phone is still locked to the AT&T Network.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    That's good news. I wonder if the new iPhone due out sometime in June will also be contract free and still locked to ATT. Hope it's not locked to ATT

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Lock that beyotch! Don't let that beast go elsewhere
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Lock that beyotch! Don't let that beast go elsewhere
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Boo! I want to still use it on TMO but with 3G

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm wondering if there aren't a few things going on with this change. Google's Nexus One on AT&T, the Palm device and lastly dumping inventory in preparation for the next generation of iPhone.

I think we may all be surprised when we get confirmation of what it will be like and what the OS will have to offer.
    I'm looking forward to it and can't wait for June/July.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Yea true, i'm defiantly looking forward to June/July. Don't know what this is about as you could by a no contract iPhone from the att store before. Maybe its just through the website now but its still locked to ATT. Doesn't really matter because if you use an iPhone the way it should be its already jail-broken. What would be nice if they took a page from Google and offered it on all carriers and let you make the choice of who you were with. 27 million iPhone users on att plus the rest that are on t-mobile. Apple would have a strangle hold on the smartphone market.I like what Google has done, i think its the way phones will/should be sold. I like this phone and i want to run it on such and such network. Done and done. Period. i shouldn't have to choose my phone because of the carrier. Manufacturers i think will realize this. They stand to get more brand recognition from selling this way. Half the people that own a "Droid" don't even know who it is made by, even though it says it on the front of the phone. It puts the carrier in a place where they have to concentrate on their network. Speed, reliability, call clarity and coverage latest technology. No longer can they get by on "but we have the best phones" Concentrate on your network. it works best for all of us.If you disagree please state your point. Any way, not sure what the big fuss is all about, i could still buy a LOCKED TO ATT iPhone 10 months ago with no contract.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is another look at what has changed with the iPhone.

Attached Images Attached Images