We all knew it would only be a matter of time before Apple or AT&T ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Apple Launching New iPhone Ads Tonight

Advertisement

We all knew it would only be a matter of time before Apple or AT&T would come up with a method to defend themselves from Verizons popular TV Ad's promoting their great 3G coverage.

Apple is launching two new iPhone ads on TV tonight. The ads are intended to tout the iPhone’s ability to hold a simultaneous voice and data connection at the same time.
    One ad shows a set of work-related scenarios — looking at an email from the boss while you’re still talking to him — and a social scenario as well — sending your friend directions to the movie theater while you’re still talking.
    The ads can’t help but be viewed against the backdrop of the fight between Verizon Wireless and Apple’s partner AT&T, the one that’s spawned a lawsuit for Verizon’s “There’s A Map For That” TV spots. Here we see Apple doing its part as both a good AT&T partner, and touting a great feature of the iPhone all at once.

Jump over to BusinessWeek to watch the two new TV Ads (Video).

First Ad Link
    Second Ad Link:
    Last edited by srl7741; 11-23-2009 at 03:14 PM.

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    they should've went against the droid (or any other verizon phone for that matter) with the navigation.. what good is navigation without simultaneous voice & data? lol "oh no i got a call n now i'm lost bc my maps didnt load" lol

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Just saw it not bad,I mean in colorado and that add doesn't depict my area very well and I have vzw too to me att suits me way better, and its true we can surf the web on a call true 3G u can do that its true att has way more multi tasking then vzw,oh and att is way cheaper this is just my opinion though.also I don't think the iphone will be going to vzw because of those direct shots vzw took at apple.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    So just a question....For the phone call and data at the same time you have to have 3g coverage? Is that correct? Cause I can't use data while on the phone....or is it just a 3gs thing?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    You have to be using 3G.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

That sucks they don't have 3g here yet......
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Apple should not have to step up to the plate for AT&T. It just makes AT&T look even worse.

The commercials are good tho. They sure do make their point.

Agreed!

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    lol. what good is that simul-connection when your 3g coverage sucks?
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Just watched the ads on Apple.com. The ads are true and shows us iPhone users stuff we already knew, but everyone else that the iPhone is even a better product!
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm always in 3G with my blackberry and I can surf the web while on the phone,comes in hady when I have to talk to the lady and she's nagging lol . So my real question is does vzw even have 3G lol imo no they don't its a marketing tactic and frankly imo att is way better at least were I'm at and I have both like I stated before and vzw is over priced and over rated. I hate to say it att is telling the truth and vzw is not persay lying but their not tellin the truth

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Thumbs up Fact

Quote Originally Posted by drdoom23 View Post
    I'm always in 3G with my blackberry and I can surf the web while on the phone,comes in hady when I have to talk to the lady and she's nagging lol . So my real question is does vzw even have 3G lol imo no they don't its a marketing tactic and frankly imo att is way better at least were I'm at and I have both like I stated before and vzw is over priced and over rated. I hate to say it att is telling the truth and vzw is not persay lying but their not tellin the truth

+1
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    lol. what good is that simul-connection when your 3g coverage sucks?
    This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw this commercial. (Att promoting simultaneous capability in response to VZ's recent kick below the belt... IMO) I have ATT, and the service just plain and simple sucks. What good is having this capability if the 3G coverage is so sparse? And even then, when I actually happen to be in a 3G coverage area, I still have dropped calls, echoing on the line and interference. And come on, let's face it, what good is it to promote a feature when u don't have the technology to support it. Apple is trying to help ATT save face... And so far, in my opinion, the only thing showing face here is the ugly truth... ATT's service sucks.