via AppleInsider : "Demand for the iPhone 3GS this holiday season is expected to cause ... Apple iPhone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Apple Increases iPhone Supply Orders By 20%

Advertisement

via AppleInsider: "Demand for the iPhone 3GS this holiday season is expected to cause a shortage of image sensors, as Apple has increased orders for parts for its handset by 20 percent.

According to Taiwanese trade publication DigiTimes, OmniVision Technologies, the manufacturer of CMOS image sensors used in the iPhone 3GS, has warned its clients that there will be a limited supply of hardware during the holiday season. Supply constraints are pinned chiefly on demand for the iPhone 3GS, and are not expected to relax until late November.

"Apple has increased fourth-quarter orders for the iPhone 3GS to its Taiwan-based manufacturing partners Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry) and Primax Electronics by 17-20%, noted the sources," the report said.

Apple officials said in the company's fourth quarter earnings call that they intend to meet overwhelming demand for the iPhone 3GS in the coming holiday season."

Full article here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Talk about taking over market share; my wife is already talking about wanting one (she has a BOLD) for xmas. She got her hands on her friends iphone a fell in love with the browser and the TRILLIONS on Apps that are out there. Iphone still not practical for me, Tons of work emails and im not a fan of touch screen. I must say Apple is getting ahead of the curve when wanting to meet customer demands this holiday season.
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jag257 View Post
    Talk about taking over market share; my wife is already talking about wanting one (she has a BOLD) for xmas. She got her hands on her friends iphone a fell in love with the browser and the TRILLIONS on Apps that are out there. Iphone still not practical for me, Tons of work emails and im not a fan of touch screen. I must say Apple is getting ahead of the curve when wanting to meet customer demands this holiday season.
    +1

I never ever thought an iPhone would appeal to me.

Then RIM started to slide, the very smartphone that I had enjoyed for so long. Being one to upgrade every product cycle, if I would have known RIM would become so complacent I would have kept my 8310. Migrating to the Bold 9000 brought us into a new era where "do it yourself, with buggy "leaked" OS's became the norm. No longer interesting in paying for a BB, that I then had to keep trying to find the right OS version for, I put up with it for nearly a year.

Thanks to RIM chasing me away, I discovered the iPhone3Gs was everything the first and second versions should have been. In addition, by that time I was so fed up with RIM I was ready to make nearly any kind of compromise in email functionality just to get a phone that was ready to use out of the box, and built to a high quality standard.

My iPhone3Gs has served me very well. It's the best thing that RIM ever did for me.

robert0009 no está en línea Stack level 1

iphone

i think it is a good decision that Apple has increased fourth-quarter orders for the iPhone 3GS to its Taiwan-based manufacturing partners Foxconn Electronics and for this many people will now enjoy the facilities of iphone

iphone wallet