Major Chinese news portal 163.com is reporting that Apple has finally signed a deal with ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Apple finally enters the world’s biggest mobile market

Advertisement

Major Chinese news portal 163.com is reporting that Apple has finally signed a deal with China Unicom to bring the iPhone 3G to mainland China in October. This is huge news for Apple, which is now to enter a market with around 700 million mobile phone users, the biggest in the world (US: around 270 million).
    Following months of negotiations between Apple and China Unicom, “industry insiders” are reportedly expecting an official announcement to be made by the country’s second biggest mobile telecommunications company tomorrow in Hong Kong.

Read More: via TechCrunch & Serkan Toto

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    wow... well im happy apple stock was handsomely priced back in the day
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489
    I wonder what they will sell the iphone for over there
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. H View Post
    I wonder what they will sell the iphone for over there
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104
    Chinese users will get the iPhone 3G with 8GB for $365 with a 2-year contract and a monthly rate of $27 (minimum). The Wi-Fi function will be disabled initially but may be added in the future, along with China’s homegrown WAPI (WLAN Authentication and Privacy Infrastructure) standard.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Also, it seems that China Unicom simply purchased a huge quantity of these devices, rather then entering into the same deal AT&T had to split the revenue on sales. I'm wondering if the Chinese government had a hand in the crippling of the Wi-Fi feature.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS