Well, we all know that Apple is the clear leader in the mobile app dept, ... Apple iPhone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Apple Approves Nearly 1,400 New Apps for the App Store in One Day

Advertisement

Well, we all know that Apple is the clear leader in the mobile app dept, but this is just insane. Last Friday Apple approved a whopping 1,394 apps to the App Store in a single day. Now having such a grand selection of apps is an amazing thing....but digging through them to find quality in all that quantity just gets harder all the time!

I'm sure that there were a few useful gems in that lot somewhere, I sure hope I find them amongst the fart apps, idiot tests, and other such novelties which exist in great multitudes but serve no purpose. Over 300 of the apps were games, most of which are probably free or .99 and will be deleted off our devices almost as fast as they were downloaded, but again, I'm sure there are some really worthy apps as well.

What do you think about trying to find new apps when they are being developed and approved in such numbers? Is it a positive or a negative thing? Have you gotten anything that was newly released that deserves a mention and a closer look? Let us know!

Via MacRumors
    Via IntoMobile
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I knew I should have gotten the touch Sunday. I would be playing with apps forever...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Haha, I'm working on page 10 of apps on my iPod Touch right now, need to clean it out again it's a lot of crap apps right now.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yep.....hopefully there is a descent amount of quality with that quantity
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Ive always noticed on Sundays/Monday mornings lots of updates get made avaiable.
    I would have thought that division had more than 40 people also.
    That is a lot of Apps to review. I still think most we never even know about unless
    we have been following it's release for some reason.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Got my 3G coming at the end of the month.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm late but gonna have to take a look at some of the new free apps for my iPod Touch. I have 4 pages of apps now.
    BlackBerry8120/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100