Apple on Monday revealed that its App Store for the iPhone and iPod touch had ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Apple announces App Store downloads top 2 billion

Advertisement

Apple on Monday revealed that its App Store for the iPhone and iPod touch had served customers more than 2 billion downloads of software, with a half-billion in the last quarter.

Apple said there are more than 85,000 applications available to more than 50 million iPhone and iPod touch customers. It is said to be the largest application store in the world. There are 125,000 developers in the iPhone Developer program.

"The rate of App Store downloads continues to accelerate with users downloading a staggering two billion apps in just over a year, including more than half a billion apps this quarter alone," said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. "The App Store has reinvented what you can do with a mobile handheld device, and our users are clearly loving it."

Source:AppleInsider

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I admit that I am doing my part to help boost that number, I have downloaded a few hundred onto my iPod Touch in the last 3 months since I got it. Most of it is trying out free crap apps that didn't last long, but I found quite a few keepers too. I have not been a big spender, I think if it was iPhone rather than iPod Touch and I didn't have to rely on being on wifi, I would buy other things that I could use while out and about. Still fun stuff though
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I admit that I am doing my part to help boost that number, I have downloaded a few hundred onto my iPod Touch in the last 3 months since I got it. Most of it is trying out free crap apps that didn't last long, but I found quite a few keepers too. I have not been a big spender, I think if it was iPhone rather than iPod Touch and I didn't have to rely on being on wifi, I would buy other things that I could use while out and about. Still fun stuff though
    Your not the only one. I too is guilty of downloading apps on my Itouch. Some of them are addictive. I love the paper toss game.
    I would download more, but am boycotting the 3.0 software. I feel that I shouldn't have to pay for the dam thing. And now apple is forcing you to get it buy making all the apps not work on none 3.0 itouch. Bunch of crook.
    Its not fear to have it free for the iphones, and the new itouch comes with it. But we who don't have a new itouch have to pay for it.
    THAT STINKS. I will wait until its free.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have also done my part. I have 6 pages of apps (4 completely full and 2 half-full) and am constantly looking for more. I'm now waiting for the PinStack app. I wonder if Apple will be celebrating this milestone with a giveaway of some kind like they did before.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C146 Safari/528.16
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 10-01-2009 at 12:17 AM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm at 51 total Apps but only have 35 installed. The ones on the bench are in my "Watch List" waiting for additional features or changes that may make it worth having. A person can say a lot of things about the Touch or Phone but the App Store is second to none and there are some great Apps.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have 4 spots left on page 10 of my apps not hurting for memory, so no need to put any on the chopping block right now....as for the update to the OS, it was the frst thing I bought...I have no problem paying for it, iPhone users pay monthly, I know this is for an always on connection, but still, I'm glad to have all the apps and no monthly fee.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4