CrunchGear has posted an interesting Article related to AIM and Push notices to individuals using ... Apple iPhone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

AIM Messages sent to Unintended Recipients using Unlocked iPhones

Advertisement

CrunchGear has posted an interesting Article related to AIM and Push notices to individuals using a Jailbroken iPhones.

Till Schadde, founder of development house Equinux, has discovered an exploit - a broadcast error, really - that sends your AIM messages to random recipients without your knowledge or consent. The problem seems to happen in unlocked/jailbroken iPhones and results in a alert appearing on a recipients home screen bearing your message.

Till tested the service by sending an AIM from the OS X desktop using iChat to his iPhone. He then received a reply back from a random recipient. It is clear that this is a Push problem in the message addressing - each iPhone is assigned its own identifier and receives messages from a central server operated by Apple - although this may change.

Read More..

fox581 no está en línea Stack level 2
    They finally found a problem with jailbroken iphones. How can they be so sure its only on those phones.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

lol

I wouldnt be surprised if this was an "unintended mistake" by apple to get people back into the fold. I can see it now, "jai;broken phones are secure switch back b4 ur secutity is comprimised!" Sony did it with the psp microsoft always does it, and so on... Its harder to make money if you cant limit ur customers a motto verizon has taken to heart.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Never had a problem w/ aim as of yet and I'm jailbroken, but I'm not unlocked.

That said I believe there were SMS security issues that's part of the 3.1 update they're working on, so it may be an overall problem if they're connected.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    If the iPhone is assigned its own identifier and receives messages from a central server operated by Apple I suppose I can see how this happens. On the other hand I can also see Apple knowing this and using it to their advantage when fighting piracy etc.

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    Dude they didn't, this happens on my Storm and sometimes on my IM Desktop, random peeps be IMimg me saying " I'm sending them crazy messages....very weird