ZoomSafer, the leading provider of innovative solutions to prevent distracted driving announced today that it ... BlackBerry News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ZoomSafer Releases New Safe Driving Software for Blackberry Phones

Advertisement

ZoomSafer, the leading provider of innovative solutions to prevent distracted driving announced today that it has released the next version of its patented safe driving software helping motorist`s focus on the road and not their mobile phones.

"This new release delivers a truly simple and innovative safe driving solution that helps people make better choices behind the wheel and provides safe alternatives for staying connected," said Mike Riemer, CEO and co-founder of ZoomSafer. "Beyond legislation and education, this is a major milestone in the fight to prevent distracted driving and is a powerful example of how technology is helping make our roads safer."

The following safe driving services are available in this latest release:

* Auto activates when driving with opt-out for passengers.
    * Plays personalized safety announcements reminding drivers to focus on the road.
    * Locks keypad to prevent texting or typing and reinforces hands-free behavior.
    * Suppresses inbound text and email alerts and auto replies to sender.
    * Permits inbound calls from up to 20 priority contacts.
    * Announces incoming priority callers with custom voice ringtone.
    * Suppresses non-priority in-bound calls, sends to voice mail, and auto replies to caller.
    * Provides one button access to hands-free voice activated dialing and 911.
    * Supports Bluetooth headsets and car kits.
    * Optionally shares driver`s status via email, text, Facebook, or Twitter

To register and download ZoomSafer for FREE please visit www.zoomsafer.com. Once registered, users can customize their settings at www.myzoomsafer.com. To watch a collection of "how to" videos please visit ZoomSafer`s YouTube channel.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Hmmmm. I have to say this software strikes me as very odd. Do we need software on our phones to remind us to be careful when we get behind the wheel and (try to) force us into a pattern of behavior that we should already be practicing as responsible(?) drivers? Of course, if it saves an accident or life the answer is yes.

I can see someone having a wreck while trying to unlock their keyboard that the program locked to prevent them from texting while driving. I think that you can accomplish most, if not all, of these tasks with the features you have on your phone and a little discipline.

No offense intended, Cherri, and thanks for posting this. Has anyone tried this?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    no offense taken john.

the thing is, this app was designed to remove the temptation and its free. would i pay for an app like this, most likely not.

regardless of the law, i see so many people STILL using their cell in the car here in cali. i won't even look at my blackberry unless i'm stopped at a light. my husband on the other hand still tries to read/respond to email while driving and it scares me so bad! i've even told him tell me what to type and i'll be your secretary lol.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Cherri, sounds like your husband needs this program bad...and to use it! I have to admit that this feature:

* Permits inbound calls from up to 20 priority contacts.
    * Announces incoming priority callers with custom voice ringtone.

appeals to me. I may try it myself if it's not too big - I have a free memory problem on my 8330.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com